+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address History for eAPR (Post ITA)

comatozed

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

I recently got my ITA and have the following questions while filling the eAPR.

1. Address History: I did a 4-year undergraduate program. During that time, I stayed in the university hostel. For the first two years, my home address was in another city where I used to go and stay in between the terms. For the next two years, my home address changed to the same city as my university.

I am confused as to how do I go about answering it. Should I write the hostel's address for term 1, then home address for the break, then the hostel's address for term 2 and so on...? Or should I just write my home address in one field and my hostel's address in the second field (for all 4 years)?

2. My father's passport does not have any first name mentioned. But the eAPR application does not allow me to leave the first name blank.

3. I am an engineer. But the educational degree field does not have engineering mentioned in it. Should I just select 'other'?

Thanks in advance for your replies everyone!

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Hi,

I recently got my ITA and have the following questions while filling the eAPR.

1. Address History: I did a 4-year undergraduate program. During that time, I stayed in the university hostel. For the first two years, my home address was in another city where I used to go and stay in between the terms. For the next two years, my home address changed to the same city as my university.

I am confused as to how do I go about answering it. Should I write the hostel's address for term 1, then home address for the break, then the hostel's address for term 2 and so on...? Or should I just write my home address in one field and my hostel's address in the second field (for all 4 years)? you must give the correct details as in where actually you stayed for a specific period. if it is hostel, then give hostel's address.

2. My father's passport does not have any first name mentioned. But the eAPR application does not allow me to leave the first name blank. First name or last name? if it is last name then please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

3. I am an engineer. But the educational degree field does not have engineering mentioned in it. Should I just select 'other'? You may select applied science, if at all this option is there

Thanks in advance for your replies everyone!

comatozed

Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for your reply rupinder2k17.

About the second question, it is the first name. According to the link that you have shared and from the CIC's post, the system should allow me to leave the first name field blank. But for some reason, it doesn't allow me to leave it blank. What's my best option in this case?

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Thanks for your reply rupinder2k17.

About the second question, it is the first name. According to the link that you have shared and from the CIC's post, the system should allow me to leave the first name field blank. But for some reason, it doesn't allow me to leave it blank. What's my best option in this case?
Then you should write "NA" or "Not Applicable" and explain this in the letter of explanation (LOE) just so as to make the Visa Officer's job easier.