+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Discrepancy Issue at the Passport Pickup Stage :-(

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I had mini heart attacks/hiccups at every stage of the application process.

Finally, I wanted to order urgent processing at the passport pickup stage. Ideally, I should have gotten it the next day..

but the clerk was in a bad mood.. I read the google reviews later and found out there was one bad apple who was ruining it for everyone.

However, the mistake was really mine..

My drivers license which I used as identity document.. i should have used the health card :-(
it had a different address.. I did not update it.

in the passport application form you need to declare last 2 years.

15 days ===> Current Address in Canada. ( did not declare this)
1 year before that in the US.
1 year before that in Canada.

so she was confused.. you lived all over the place was what she asked me.. did not listen to my explanation at all.

I also rented a vehicle.. crossed the border and now I have to return it back.. so every week I stay in Canada extra.. I need to pay rental charge extra.

while declaring the address for last 2 years.. I only listed 2 addresses instead of three..
I already declared the current address elsewhere in the form.

did not list the current one that I was staying for 15 days.. as there were only two lines.. I explained this to her.

Anyways.. she told me she can only get it done by August 31st. and asked me to drop by at 2:00 PM.

I already got my citizenship e-certificate.. do you think my Citizenship will be revoked or any further scrutiny will be had?

She mentioned something about a security check.. even though I requested for urgent processing (next day pickup) she converted it into express pickup. (2 to 9 days)

Can my citizenship be revoked at this stage? I definitely meet the requirements for physical presence. The only issue might be some address mismatch.
damn.. I just want this nightmare to finally end.

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
I had mini heart attacks/hiccups at every stage of the application process.

Finally, I wanted to order urgent processing at the passport pickup stage. Ideally, I should have gotten it the next day..

but the clerk was in a bad mood.. I read the google reviews later and found out there was one bad apple who was ruining it for everyone.

However, the mistake was really mine..

My drivers license which I used as identity document.. i should have used the health card :-(
it had a different address.. I did not update it.

in the passport application form you need to declare last 2 years.

15 days ===> Current Address in Canada. ( did not declare this)
1 year before that in the US.
1 year before that in Canada.

so she was confused.. you lived all over the place was what she asked me.. did not listen to my explanation at all.

I also rented a vehicle.. crossed the border and now I have to return it back.. so every week I stay in Canada extra.. I need to pay rental charge extra.

while declaring the address for last 2 years.. I only listed 2 addresses instead of three..
I already declared the current address elsewhere in the form.

did not list the current one that I was staying for 15 days.. as there were only two lines.. I explained this to her.

Anyways.. she told me she can only get it done by August 31st. and asked me to drop by at 2:00 PM.

I already got my citizenship e-certificate.. do you think my Citizenship will be revoked or any further scrutiny will be had?

She mentioned something about a security check.. even though I requested for urgent processing (next day pickup) she converted it into express pickup. (2 to 9 days)

Can my citizenship be revoked at this stage? I definitely meet the requirements for physical presence. The only issue might be some address mismatch.
damn.. I just want this nightmare to finally end.
Can you please let me know what happened in your case? I am in a similar situation where I moved to US after applying for citizenship.