+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address confirmation for PR Card > Help please!

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I've arrived in Canada as a PR for 4 weeks now. I'm not sure the immigration officer wrote my address correctly (I think he missed my Unit in the complete address). Now, I've tried to change the address using the CIC website, but every time I'm hitting the same wall with a message displaying this:

Change of Address
FAQ | Security
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

So, I've doubled checked all the information and it's all correct... what can I do? I'm afraid my PR Card (and my wife and kid's also) may not arrive properly! a little help please?

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Hi there,
I might be wrong but this service is not for you.

You're a new PR and there is no "new application" from your family for anything since your first PR card is part of the PR application you already went through. So basically (I would think) your application /case is pretty much closed.

My understanding is that the service you're trying to use is for ongoing applications (renewal PR card application etc pp).

If you're concerned about getting your PR cards you can call the call centre BUT I wouldn't because the normal waiting period for the first PR card is around 4-8 weeks. So you might wanna wait another two weeks.

You'll be fine & welcome to Canada!!

TC

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Just submit a change of address using Case Specific Enquiry. Works like a charm. Then you can pretty much rest assured they will have the full address you give them after they will have processed the enquiry (~10 days).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Chiuzi said:
Hi guys,

I've arrived in Canada as a PR for 4 weeks now. I'm not sure the immigration officer wrote my address correctly (I think he missed my Unit in the complete address). Now, I've tried to change the address using the CIC website, but every time I'm hitting the same wall with a message displaying this:

Change of Address
FAQ | Security
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

So, I've doubled checked all the information and it's all correct... what can I do? I'm afraid my PR Card (and my wife and kid's also) may not arrive properly! a little help please?
As we did not send PR card application separately (per cic calculation), cic doesnt allow us (new migrants) to track the pr card status online. So we need to call and verify the address or track the status. Today i called them for the same reason to verify my address and its all good. So you can also do the same.
They wont tell you when we will get the card (till the average processing time is over) but they can definitely verify your address on file to make sure you receive your cards at right address.

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tri-Cities said:
Hi there,
I might be wrong but this service is not for you.

You're a new PR and there is no "new application" from your family for anything since your first PR card is part of the PR application you already went through. So basically (I would think) your application /case is pretty much closed.

My understanding is that the service you're trying to use is for ongoing applications (renewal PR card application etc pp).

If you're concerned about getting your PR cards you can call the call centre BUT I wouldn't because the normal waiting period for the first PR card is around 4-8 weeks. So you might wanna wait another two weeks.

You'll be fine & welcome to Canada!!

TC
Thanks for the tip!!!

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harirajmohan said:
As we did not send PR card application separately (per cic calculation), cic doesnt allow us (new migrants) to track the pr card status online. So we need to call and verify the address or track the status. Today i called them for the same reason to verify my address and its all good. So you can also do the same.
They wont tell you when we will get the card (till the average processing time is over) but they can definitely verify your address on file to make sure you receive your cards at right address.
Perfect!!! I'll call them instead... thank you very much!