+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Clarification

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
Thanks for answering my questions, really appreciate how everyone help each other. I was wondering about the address- For Courier it states that we should replace the Category and also the code, so if I am applying for lets say 2174, then should the following changes below be correct? Look forward to your reply,

Thank you,
Address
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 2174
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephanie_wg23 said:
Thanks for answering my questions, really appreciate how everyone help each other. I was wondering about the address- For Courier it states that we should replace the Category and also the code, so if I am applying for lets say 2174, then should the following changes below be correct? Look forward to your reply,

Thank you,
Address
Federal Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker Category
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
You don't have to change your category and NOC code for the mailing address and courier.

The Box Number and Postal Code are different, when sending your application by regular mail for Category 1 & 2:

PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9.

For Ph.D category :

PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6 .

By courier for all categories are same, Box and post code, as what you mentioned.

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
Hi, thanks for the reply, but I believe you do need too. On the website it states the following under Step 4:
Step 4: Mail the application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg73
Note: On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying and the primary NOC 2011 occupation code you have identified on your application.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying and the primary NOC 2011 occupation code you have identified on your application.

Exactly. It appears that my previous answer was confusing because I said "don't change". What I mean is that don't change your intended NOC code of your application. You should mention that code what you have chosen for application.

janeyandstuart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
stephanie_wg23 said:

Thank you,
Address
Federal Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker Category
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
I did my address (including NOC stuff) in the same manner as above & my application has been signed for at CIC. I think you are correct.

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
Dear Janeyandstuart,
The website reads:Note: On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying and the primary NOC 2011 occupation code you have identified on your application. After re-reading it, I don't think that the address I wrote was correct.

Shouldn't it be instead of Skilled Worker Category- it should be NOC Category and then Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX. Because they already have Federal Skilled Worker written one line above. Please do let me know...I am quite confused.

Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
wilson said:
On your envelope, specify the category under which you are applying and the primary NOC 2011 occupation code you have identified on your application.

Exactly. It appears that my previous answer was confusing because I said "don't change". What I mean is that don't change your intended NOC code of your application. You should mention that code what you have chosen for application.
Dear Wilson,
After re-reading it, I don't think that the address I wrote was correct. In the mailing address, are they asking us to choose between NOC Category and Arranged Employment Category or asking us to add the category on our application? In my case, its Skilled Worker, but then they already have Federal Skilled Worker written one line above. Please do let me know...I am quite confused. Thanks

and then Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX. Because they already have Federal Skilled Worker written one line above. Please do let me know...I am quite confused.

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
I sent mine by courier.
If it gives you any comfort, I labeled the envelope exactly as you originally proposed.
That said I did have to put a shortened address line into the Courier's paperwork (which is also affixed to the front), so I just put a NOC code at the end of the destination name.