+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Check

BossingMTL

Nov 10, 2020
Does CIC check all the addresses mentioned in the application? Do they check if it matches with the IDs and the CRA account we have?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Does CIC check all the addresses mentioned in the application? Do they check if it matches with the IDs and the CRA account we have?
They are well within their right to call and/or check every single bit of information on the forms. Willful submission of wrong information is misrepresentation.
Assume that they check, so state the facts, even if they seem incredible.

Sonamanbeh

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Nomination.....
28-09-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Med's Done....
24-11-2022
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2023
They're not strict about it but why would you want to hide your address? Maybe you have something different on your DL to save insurance? That won't matter in your PR application of that's what you're concerned about. But do mention the correct address you're staying at, otherwise it is misrepresenting.

BossingMTL

Nov 10, 2020
Thanks for your responses! Its just that Im traveling for work and staying in different provinces for a couple of months, but my original home address is in BC. My license and CRA account were always BC. Im worried if I mention all these addresses, nothing will match with either the IDs nor the CRA account over the years because I stayed out of BC for longer than I stayed in it if that makes sense.

Thats why for the application I was wondering if I should mention my home in Vancouver as my permanent stay (and that matches all the IDs and CRA), or if I should sit there and mention all the addresses and worry about not matching their records (CRA)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
If you have a complicated situation, add an explanation letter with all the details.
IRCC is not here to play gotcha games with applicants, their job is just to assess someone's situation and see if it supports their physical presence in Canada. Give a complete portrait of yours and don't stress over it :)

Sonamanbeh

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Nomination.....
28-09-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Med's Done....
24-11-2022
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2023
Thanks for your responses! Its just that Im traveling for work and staying in different provinces for a couple of months, but my original home address is in BC. My license and CRA account were always BC. Im worried if I mention all these addresses, nothing will match with either the IDs nor the CRA account over the years because I stayed out of BC for longer than I stayed in it if that makes sense.

Thats why for the application I was wondering if I should mention my home in Vancouver as my permanent stay (and that matches all the IDs and CRA), or if I should sit there and mention all the addresses and worry about not matching their records (CRA)
Add LOE and give original addresses where you stayed. It's ok to have a different address on DL or CRA. My CRA also has a different address as I was too lazy to update LOL. IRCC doesn't care about addresses you gave to other orgs. But you should be truthful about where you actually stayed.