+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Change

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I recently moved, and used the web form to change my address with IRCC. I haven't received a reply to this at all, even though it's been more than 5 business days. There's also no way to see online what address they have. Does anyone know if it's normal to receive no confirmation for this? Since you're supposed to go to a biometrics centre close to where you live I'm concerned there could be an issue when Service Canada reopens if my address is wrong. Thank you!

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
There will be no issue with Service Canada. You could go to any office in Canada that provides biometrics services.
Good to know. I was concerned because in relation to Covid-19 they said that once the biometrics collection point closest to you reopens you should make an appointment. Which I thought implied that they cared which one we went to, at least to some extent.

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Good to know. I was concerned because in relation to Covid-19 they said that once the biometrics collection point closest to you reopens you should make an appointment. Which I thought implied that they cared which one we went to, at least to some extent.
Hi, could you please share what documents or information that you have provided in the WebForm request for address change? Do we have to give any proof like lease agreement etc in the request?

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi, could you please share what documents or information that you have provided in the WebForm request for address change? Do we have to give any proof like lease agreement etc in the request?
I didn't provide anything other than the information the form asked for. Unfortunately, I also never heard back from them, so I might need to ring them at some point to confirm it went through.

Reactions: nitinsha85

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
When I updated my LOA a few days ago, they sent me a confirmation email, and it was from Ankara / Turkey because applications from my country are processed there at the moment.