+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address change not working

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Hi,
I moved from Toronto to Ottawa and submitted a change of address through the "Client Application Status" page. After 3 weeks, my address hadn't been updated, so I submitted the change of address again. Two weeks later, and it still hasn't changed.

Any advice on what I can do about this?

Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
I moved from Toronto to Ottawa and submitted a change of address through the "Client Application Status" page. After 3 weeks, my address hadn't been updated, so I submitted the change of address again. Two weeks later, and it still hasn't changed.

Thanks in advance!
Was this the link you used?

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en

It might look like the ECAS page but is slightly different (the page title shows "Address Change").

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
It takes time. For me it took 7 days. For my son it took more than 3 weeks (yesterday or day before i saw it got updated). So possibly it will happen this week or so. Seems there is some delay in doing it lately.

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
It takes time. For me it took 7 days. For my son it took more than 3 weeks (yesterday or day before i saw it got updated). So possibly it will happen this week or so. Seems there is some delay in doing it lately.
Thanks for confirming. I wish just _something_ about this process made sense.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
You have to call them, will make the update much easier and faster.

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
You have to call them, will make the update much easier and faster.
Sorry to ask, but do you have the phone number? The CIC website appears to hide the number, can't see it anywhere. I've tried requesting the address change via the web contact form to see if someone will pay attention there.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Sorry to ask, but do you have the phone number? The CIC website appears to hide the number, can't see it anywhere. I've tried requesting the address change via the web contact form to see if someone will pay attention there.
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays)

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
hi, may i ask if you are able to change the address now? I submit address change in May and still no updates yet even though i've already done my test during this time.
Mine did update eventually without me having called them. I don't know if it was the address change form or the web contact form which achieved it. Took over two months.

I'm so angry at IRCC's incompetence. I'm still waiting for a test invitation. 18 months.

Reactions: CYM

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
FWIW had a relative change their address for a PR card app. ECAS still shows the old address but the card was sent to the new address.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Mine did update eventually without me having called them. I don't know if it was the address change form or the web contact form which achieved it. Took over two months.

I'm so angry at IRCC's incompetence. I'm still waiting for a test invitation. 18 months.
I see

I see...I tried to call the number but looks like they are not taking any call unless is Afghanistan related. It 's more than 3 months since my update but I guess I'll just leave it for now as the mailing address is still valid. Wish you get your test soon ..