+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

address change - misrepresentation?

spikehades

Oct 20, 2013
I hope someone can help me here. I have been living with my girlfriend (sponsor) in Japan for the last 2 years, we have been co-habiting since then but only officially for 13 months. Now we have finished our contracts and are leaving Japan. The plan is to go to Canada and reside with her as a visitor until the application gets accepted, or god forbid, rejected.
Do I change my address with CIC to the Canada address or should I put my UK address?

Also, I know I have to tell them about my change in employment, does she have to tell them too? My employment situation changed on March 20, I have not informed them yet, Am I at risk of misrepresentation on all these counts?

Need some advice, as we cannot contact a lawyer until, early next month (when we are in Canada).

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
spikehades said:
I hope someone can help me here. I have been living with my girlfriend (sponsor) in Japan for the last 2 years, we have been co-habiting since then but only officially for 13 months. Now we have finished our contracts and are leaving Japan. The plan is to go to Canada and reside with her as a visitor until the application gets accepted, or god forbid, rejected.
Do I change my address with CIC to the Canada address or should I put my UK address?

Also, I know I have to tell them about my change in employment, does she have to tell them too? My employment situation changed on March 20, I have not informed them yet, Am I at risk of misrepresentation on all these counts?

Need some advice, as we cannot contact a lawyer until, early next month (when we are in Canada).
You can update it later when you reach Canada.

Misrepresentation usually critical if you lied about your qualification, dependents( children you haven't declare to the CIC, declaring Single when you are Married, lied about past criminal history and stuffs like that)

spikehades

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for the info! So should I put the Canadian address, I will be there for 3 months as I am returning to Canada for a family wedding...

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
spikehades said:
Thanks for the info! So should I put the Canadian address, I will be there for 3 months as I am returning to Canada for a family wedding...
Yes you can put your Canadian address whenever you want.

spikehades

Oct 20, 2013
I meant I'm returning to the U.K, as I am from the U.K. Would putting my girlfriends address cause red flags, as they may think I'm moving there rather than just visiting?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
spikehades said:
I meant I'm returning to the U.K, as I am from the U.K. Would putting my girlfriends address cause red flags, as they may think I'm moving there rather than just visiting?
If your staying in UK during the entire time of your application then use the UK address. You can change your address anytime you want. You have to update it since they will mail your Confirmation of Permanent Residence in the address that you use in your application.

spikehades

Oct 20, 2013
I am sorry. I havent been clear. Our application was sent 1 year ago. We are currently living in Japan together. My sponsor (canadian) is moving back to Canada. I (UK citizen) will be visiting Canada with her, when she leaves Japan. I will stay in Canada until August. Do I update my residential address to her Canadian one for the duration of my stay?

Also, how important are qualification proofs? Should I send them a copy of my degree and/or transcripts?

Thanks again.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
spikehades said:
I am sorry. I havent been clear. Our application was sent 1 year ago. We are currently living in Japan together. My sponsor (canadian) is moving back to Canada. I (UK citizen) will be visiting Canada with her, when she leaves Japan. I will stay in Canada until August. Do I update my residential address to her Canadian one for the duration of my stay?

Also, how important are qualification proofs? Should I send them a copy of my degree and/or transcripts?

Thanks again.
London is a really fast VO so you actually might get your PR confirmation soon. Change your address to your girlfriend's as long as your are in Canada. When you return to the UK change it back to your UK address.

I'm just a tourist in Canada right now and still use my Canadian mailing address. It's not a problem at all.

Qualification proof is not necessary when you apply in the category family sponsorship. No need to send them your degree papers

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
spikehades said:

Thanks again.
Did you send your application in London Visa Processing Center? I guess the processing time in Londn for Outland Sponsorship is 10 months or so. You should hear about your application soon.

You can update your address by calling the London visa office or by emailing them quoted about your UCI number and application number.

Yes you can use the Canada address same as your wife/spouse. It wouldn't be a big deal at all.
As for your qualification/ degree, you dont need to send that. As long as your truthful with your application, that shouldn't be an issue.

Just let them know that your spouse is in Canada right now and you decided to visit her. All the correspondence should send in Canadian address ...

spikehades

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for your help and patience! As we have been in Japan for the last 2 years, our application has gone through the Manila office. I just received a request for further information from them, requesting:

1. upto date addresses.
2. upto date employment.
3. "Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada." - I don't have any dependents, and I already gave the info regarding my parents and siblings..???
4. Police certificate for Japan ( I only sent the U.K one preciously)

So, that is why I am asking about address. I will visit my girlfriend in Canada, leaving from Japan on May 2nd, (we are travelling on the same flight). But I will return to the U.K on August 8th. Do I provide my girlfriend's Canadian address as my latest residential address?

AlexKaren

Jul 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2015
LANDED..........
19-01-2015
spikehades said:
I would go ahead and put the Canadian one. That is what our lawyer advised us to do, unless you are an online freelance etc worker, be sure to update employment as "unemployed, visiting spouse"

spikehades

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for your advice. It's most probably what I will do.
My only concern is whether it'll cause a red flag to indicate I am trying to "move" to Canada illegally.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
spikehades said:
Thanks for your advice. It's most probably what I will do.
My only concern is whether it'll cause a red flag to indicate I am trying to "move" to Canada illegally.
Include an explanation letter and let CIC know about your plans to visit her in Canada before returning to the UK in August

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
spikehades said:
So, that is why I am asking about address. I will visit my girlfriend in Canada, leaving from Japan on May 2nd, (we are travelling on the same flight). But I will return to the U.K on August 8th. Do I provide my girlfriend's Canadian address as my latest residential address?
Put the address of where you will actually physically be. After PR is approved, they will mail your COPR landing documents to the address on file, so it should match where you actually are. It doesn't matter if you are a visitor in Canada, if you have your address as Canada they will mail your COPR directly to Canada and then you can go to nearest USA land border to do PR landing.