+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address change during PR process

sbindia80

Dec 17, 2012
Dear All,

I applied in canada & got my AOR but I moved outside canada now.
I need to change my address online now but do you think it will affect my process time or what is the time limit to change the address on PR application if you move outside canada during progress.
Can any one please advice me.

Thanks

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
You can send an e-mail to ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

In the subject, write your UCI number and "change address" so they know the purpose. In the e-mail body, list your UCI, name, type of application (CEC or FSW), date of birth, date of AOR, place of birth, current address. Then mention that you want to change your address.

Moving out of Canada does not delay processing but may complicate medical exams as in some countries they take longer to do and mail.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

lit_hamster

Apr 16, 2013
noc4012 said:
Moving out of Canada does not delay processing but may complicate medical exams as in some countries they take longer to do and mail.
really useful~ thanks so much, and how about changing address in same city? will it affect the application processing? Does anyone have same experience before can share with us?

Thanks~ ;D

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
lit_hamster said:
really useful~ thanks so much, and how about changing address in same city? will it affect the application processing? Does anyone have same experience before can share with us?

Thanks~ ;D
There is no official documentation whether change of address affects processing time. If you have a new address though you must inform CIC regardless of that.

You should be able to change address online though ECAS.

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
thisisauser said:
There is no official documentation whether change of address affects processing time. If you have a new address though you must inform CIC regardless of that.

You should be able to change address online though ECAS.
True, you can change address on ECAS, but it apparently does not change it internally. Meaning when I ordered my GCMS notes, they still had my old address. And today I got my RPRF request email, it also had my old address. So when I sent my biodata form back I made sure to inform them that my address had changed in ECAS but that it was not reflecting in their records, and to please update.

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I can only speak from my experience.
I did move within Canada (but change of address nonetheless), so I sent an email to cic, stating
my application number, my name, and date of birth.
I explained the situation and said that my residential address is now different.
I left mailing address the same, and stressed this part (I used my work address as a mailing address).
they responded quickly and said that my address was updated, but I should wait a couple of weeks before I will see a change in ecas.
ecas only shows mailing address so there was no change for me there anyway.
hope this helps.
just go ahead and send them an email.

sbindia80 said:
Dear All,

I applied in canada & got my AOR but I moved outside canada now.
I need to change my address online now but do you think it will affect my process time or what is the time limit to change the address on PR application if you move outside canada during progress.
Can any one please advice me.

Thanks

Reactions: nauman25

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
2_of_5 said:
True, you can change address on ECAS, but it apparently does not change it internally. Meaning when I ordered my GCMS notes, they still had my old address. And today I got my RPRF request email, it also had my old address. So when I sent my biodata form back I made sure to inform them that my address had changed in ECAS but that it was not reflecting in their records, and to please update.
Interesting. In that case a mailed notice or an email would be better.

Navs

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
09-09-2012
Hello, I also moved outside canada, I just simply dropped an email telling my situation and new mailing address.Got cic reply within few days saying they have updated my address in my file.
But I don't see any update made to ecas though..Hope that helps!

Dinaballs

Apr 2, 2014
I have a somewhat the same case with a twist:

I moved outside the country during the process but I forgot to inform the change of address.
I received an email for the passport request already.

What should I do?

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
I just called the Call centre , They have changed my address and its updated in ecas also within few days. Be ready with Application # and other details , as Call Centre representative authenticates before updating the address.

addobia

Jul 10, 2014
Dear Dina,

My case is similar to you. I have not updated my change of country address. Have you got your PR.? Please inform.

Yagerr

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 20 2014
AOR Received.
April 9 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 4th 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 9th 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 10th 2014
It won't affect your processing time, go head and do it.

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014
Hi Dina and Adobia,

My case is also similar got the request for submitting the passport later I changed the address and updated in ECAS and my address was changed in ECAS with in Canada and same city.

Should I go ahead and submit the passport for stamping.