+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address at "Occupation or Activity" section

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi,

Was wondering what address should I put at the "Occupation or Activity" section, is it my home address or the official work/university address?

If my home address, should I provide multiple entries with different addresses but same activity (i.e. same job but moved a few times)?

Thanks!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi,

Was wondering what address should I put at the "Occupation or Activity" section, is it my home address or the official work/university address?

If my home address, should I provide multiple entries with different addresses but same activity (i.e. same job but moved a few times)?

Thanks!
Not sure I understand the question.

Residential address history is provided in response to Question 10.

Information about work or school, including the name of employer or institution, and the location/address, is provided in response to Question 11.

For some individuals (like myself), such as those who are self-employed and work out of an office in their home, their residential address and work address are the same.

I suppose a question might arise in regards to some versions of working remotely, but for the vast majority of remote-work arrangements, providing the location/address of the employer is probably more accurate. In a situation where the work is done ONLY at a site other than where the employer is located, and at such a distance from the employer's location it would be misleading to give the employer's address, it is up to the applicant to provide the best, most honest and accurate information they can. The application is not a test. All the applicant needs to provide is honest information that is not evasive or misleading.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Not sure I understand the question.

Residential address history is provided in response to Question 10.

Information about work or school, including the name of employer or institution, and the location/address, is provided in response to Question 11.

For some individuals (like myself), such as those who are self-employed and work out of an office in their home, their residential address and work address are the same.

I suppose a question might arise in regards to some versions of working remotely, but for the vast majority of remote-work arrangements, providing the location/address of the employer is probably more accurate. In a situation where the work is done ONLY at a site other than where the employer is located, and at such a distance from the employer's location it would be misleading to give the employer's address, it is up to the applicant to provide the best, most honest and accurate information they can. The application is not a test. All the applicant needs to provide is honest information that is not evasive or misleading.
I meant the address on the section where I put my employer or institution details (so not the section I wrote where I lived past 5 years).. the thing is I also work remotely and rarely go to the office but should I still put the office’s official address there?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I meant the address on the section where I put my employer or institution details (so not the section I wrote where I lived past 5 years).. the thing is I also work remotely and rarely go to the office but should I still put the office’s official address there?
YOUR honest, best answer based on YOUR best judgment. It is not a test. It is your truthful reporting of information responsive to the question.