+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional supporting documents for OINP

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Friends,

I had to send across my information docket to OINP by March 1, so could not wait till I heard back from couple of my past employers for the job duty reference letter. Now my current and previous employer seem to have processed my request and I have the formal job duty letters.

Though Ontario Immigration authorities are yet to confirm receipt of my submission, could I send across the additional documents that I have received, to Ontario Immigration authorities so that they can consider these more significant documents and strengthen my application? If so how do I send it across, so that the Ontario Immigration authorities can reference it with my original submission?

Or should I wait and see if the Ontario Immigration authorities have any enquiries later on.

Thank you!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
akprasad1 said:
Friends,

I had to send across my information docket to OINP by March 1, so could not wait till I heard back from couple of my past employers for the job duty reference letter. Now my current and previous employer seem to have processed my request and I have the formal job duty letters.

Though Ontario Immigration authorities are yet to confirm receipt of my submission, could I send across the additional documents that I have received, to Ontario Immigration authorities so that they can consider these more significant documents and strengthen my application? If so how do I send it across, so that the Ontario Immigration authorities can reference it with my original submission?

Or should I wait and see if the Ontario Immigration authorities have any enquiries later on.

Thank you!
According to OINP Application Guide, the jobs that you mention in the application to claim points has to be supported by employer reference letters and it is a mandatory document unlike work contracts/pay stubs which are considered as additional supporting documents. You may/may not chose to send additional supporting documents, but reference letter is mandatory, unless and until you have submitted a letter of explanation and an alternative to reference letter as part of the package that you have submitted. As far as I know/heard, OINP does not accept documents which are sent via email unless and until, it is for change in personal circumstances or they have explicitly requested specific documents.

According to OINP, they may deem a package to be incomplete if required supporting documents/alternatives are not provided and may return the package. You can find their guidelines here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html

I hope that they accept your package as complete so that you can send them those documents when they explicitly ask for it. All the best!

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you Stanlee.

Yes I had sent across supporting secondary documents like the job offer letter, relieving letter, pay slips, Letter of explanation etc; in the absence of a job-duty letter from the company.

So you suggest that I wait for them to explicitly ask for additional documentation? Just that it may be months before they do that and then they may take more time to review the new documentation, which I now have handy. I was hoping there is a way to send across the additional documentation and let them know that this is related to the first batch that I had sent across. :(

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
akprasad1 said:
Thank you Stanlee.

Yes I had sent across supporting secondary documents like the job offer letter, relieving letter, pay slips, Letter of explanation etc; in the absence of a job-duty letter from the company.

So you suggest that I wait for them to explicitly ask for additional documentation? Just that it may be months before they do that and then they may take more time to review the new documentation, which I now have handy. I was hoping there is a way to send across the additional documentation and let them know that this is related to the first batch that I had sent across. :(
Since you have the documents ready, you can email it to them as soon as they request you to do so. This will not lead to substantial delay.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks again Stanlee, thought they would accept the documents only in the Hard Copy format.

if these can be emailed, then that will be quicker (I hope!).

But you suggest that I wait for them to reach out back to me instead of sending these out proactively?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
akprasad1 said:
Thanks again Stanlee, thought they would accept the documents only in the Hard Copy format.

if these can be emailed, then that will be quicker (I hope!).

But you suggest that I wait for them to reach out back to me instead of sending these out proactively?
Yes. As far as I know, OINP does not encourage anyone to send documents to them unless and until requested or there has been a change in personal circumstances in which case you can initiate the email. Otherwise, it could lead to situations where people will send the package (so that they do not miss the deadline) and then email all documents which were missed in the application package. This is my opinion, but I would suggest you take a second opinion on this point. You can check with Asivad as well.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Re: Additional supporting documents for OINP - Asivad sir please help :)

Thanks again Stanlee

Asivad sir - Just wanted to check if you would suggest that I wait for Ontario Immigration to reach out back to me instead of sending out the job duty letters proactively? I received the job duty letters from my current and past employers after I sent across my information docket by courier to Ontario Immigration.

PS: I had attached LoE and supporting documents (pay stubs, job contract documents etc).

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many points did you sore on CRS and what's your NOC?
How long did they take to invite you ?

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
lisizi,

I score 450 points and I got the OINP invite within one day of creating my profile.
NOC is 6321

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's nice.
I am inlander and I score around 430 to 440 points (not sure yet because I m taking the English test again).
Good for you that you received the invitation to apply after 1 day. It clearly shows they need chefs.
Congrats!

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Sorry Liszi, I meant I got the PT Notification not an ITA.
Also my NOC is 6314, don't know why I had a typo there! ;D

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Its when you create your EE profile and choose Ontario as a province in the EE application. Then under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), the immigration body for Ontario would send you a notification that you can apply for the Provinicial Nomination Program for Ontario.

So I applied for Ontario specifically and send them my personal/education/Work documents for review. If they review and approve I will get 600 CRS points, which will lead to an Invitation to Apply from the CIC.

See the link below for more information

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the explanation, guys. I really appreciate it.
So can I create an EE for OINP and then one for EE (the general one) and have the 2 EEs running for me?