28-01-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Request
04-03-2020
Med's Done....
19-05-2020
Hi there.

Since me and my husband have not been married for more than 2 years before filing for the PR in Canada (he is a US citizen) There is a section I am finding limited information on and thus, limitied help

The part is as follows:

"Select at least two of the following four options and provide the documents requested for each. Check which options you are selecting.

1) Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits).

-- He and I live in other countries. I am self-employed and something like having insurance through his work seems pointless if I don't plan on going there. I am wondering, what other things could I show in replacement, what have other people used?

2) Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses

-- again, living in another country makes this hard to show since we both have our phone bills in our own names since they aren't cross border providers, we don't own a property (yet), the most I could show is him sending me money every time he gets paid to put away for savings through PayPal, but I am unsure if this is not formal enough.

those are just what I have questions on. Thanks in advance for the help!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can name someone as your spouse on your insurance even if they don't live with you, it's for survivor's benefits or funereal expenses.

Is there a reason why you're not going to submit letters from friends/family?

Sushi82

Dec 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, CAN
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Request
04-03-2020
Med's Done....
19-05-2020
You can name someone as your spouse on your insurance even if they don't live with you, it's for survivor's benefits or funereal expenses.

Is there a reason why you're not going to submit letters from friends/family?

No, I do intend on doing this also, but the above two on the application I just wanted some feedback/clarification on, as what I have to offer in that regard is limited. Otherwise, I have loads of proof via pictures, logs, etc, that they already have asked for in other parts of the application.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Okay, but in the section you quoted above you only need to select two of the four options, and one of those is letters from family. That may make it a little bit easier.

Him sending you money for savings is definitely financial support.

Sushi82

Dec 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, CAN
App. Filed.......
28-01-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Request
04-03-2020
Med's Done....
19-05-2020
Okay, but in the section you quoted above you only need to select two of the four options, and one of those is letters from family. That may make it a little bit easier.

Him sending you money for savings is definitely financial support.

it says "at least" two of the 4 options. Letters from family is one, which is why I needed to understand more on the other two. We are N/A for the 4th option. I'd glad to hear that the money for savings is deemed financial support