+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
If the treatment starts your application will be on hold because medical is necessary to be passed for every visa. If you never had a history of TB it might be latent. For the latent or inactive TB you need to take treatment in Canada but you will be granted a visa.
You need to relax you are overthinking.
yes im overthinking since the day i saw my xray result
minimal reticular opacities
evidence of ptb : present
active PTB : NO

now im so worried because i need to undergo sputum exam on sept 6 and rpt xray on nov 9.

anxiety hits me
i want to leave at my work temporarily

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
yes im overthinking since the day i saw my xray result
minimal reticular opacities
evidence of ptb : present
active PTB : NO

now im so worried because i need to undergo sputum exam on sept 6 and rpt xray on nov 9.

anxiety hits me
i want to leave at my work temporarily
I can understand but this is how it works. You have to wait for next xray. There will be delay due to this additional xray and sputum

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
I can understand but this is how it works. You have to wait for next xray. There will be delay due to this additional xray and sputum
thank you for replying

im just bothered and worried, there so many things will hapen in 3months.

im thinking if because of my exposure as a nurse, the sputum can be false positive.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
thank you for replying

im just bothered and worried, there so many things will hapen in 3months.

im thinking if because of my exposure as a nurse, the sputum can be false positive.
Yes it can be the case.
Don't worry if you never had contracted it, that could be latent. I know 3 months is a long time but this is the normal IRCC timeline. Don't worry this time will also pass.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
Yes it can be the case.
Don't worry if you never had contracted it, that could be latent. I know 3 months is a long time but this is the normal IRCC timeline. Don't worry this time will also pass.
i forgot to ask, the email they sent me it said 60days for the adsitional medical, but the repeat xray is after 3months

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
i forgot to ask, the email they sent me it said 60days for the adsitional medical, but the repeat xray is after 3months
That is for sputum. You medical panel will send the notification of sputum collection once you do that to IRCC. Same will happen when you do xray after 3 months.