+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medical exam

May 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

I got an ITA via Express Entry, passed the medical exam in September and lodged the final Permanent Residency application (along with my wife). The wife then went for a long vacation to another country; initially she was supposed to come back in a month, but now she would like to stay for two months.

Now I got a letter from the CIC saying that
1. she needs to pass an additional medical exam
2. she has 90 days to do it
3. and that our panel physician should have all the information
The doctor says she needs to do laboratory tests of blood and urine, which should be fast (a couple of days in total).

I worry about two issues:
1. Does the application processing stop / go pending while they are waiting for the additional medical data? That is, if she comes and does it a month later, does it mean the application will take a month longer to be processed?
2. What if she comes back in two months, meaning there will be just one month left of the initial 90 days? and then does her tests, and they discover something is wrong? and then require her to do more tests, or to undergo a treatment? We might miss the deadline then. How much time do you think we need to be on the safe side?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Yes - processing of the application typically stops when CIC is waiting for more information. Yes - you can expect longer processing times.
2. As long as you do the test they have requested within the timelines specified - you should be fine. If more tests are required - you should be given more time.