+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR WIRE TRANSFER AFTER LANDING

czarjohn14

Nov 7, 2011
My daughter is expecting to receive her and her family's passport n 3 weeks. She is set to land in january 2013 from riyadh. Although she is able to comply with the required funds when she lands, she has additional money back home to follow that will be sent via wire transfer. She is not able to have it changed into a draft because she will not not able to go back home. I would like to seek your advise if the additional money can be wired to her as soon as she opens a bank account in canada. Can she declare of the additional funds for transfer when she lands? What does she need to present for the Immigration office to honor/accept this and not be taxed eventually? Looking forward for the seniors to share their thoughts. Thank you.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
czarjohn14 said:
My daughter is expecting to receive her and her family's passport n 3 weeks. She is set to land in january 2013 from riyadh.
1. Although she is able to comply with the required funds when she lands,
2. she has additional money back home to follow that will be sent via wire transfer. She is not able to have it changed into a draft because she will not not able to go back home. I would like to seek your advise if the additional money can be wired to her as soon as she opens a bank account in canada.
3. Can she declare of the additional funds for transfer when she lands?
4. What does she need to present for the Immigration office to honor/accept this and not be taxed eventually? Looking forward for the seniors to share their thoughts. Thank you.
Hi,czarjohn14,

1. If she is having / carrying the required POF at landing time then additional money you can transfer to here at any time.
2. Additional transfer of money/funds nothing to do with Immigration officer at port of Entry.
3. Not required to declare at Port of Entry
4. There will be no tax on additional money , bank will charge their fee accordingly
5. If funds are large sum, there should be proper documentation or source of funds may require.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk