+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional family information form

Zainab. taha1

Jun 3, 2019
Hello everyone!!! I need urgent help here. I received a mail on 14th may 2019 that they need my police check along with additional family information form and background declaration and we have to submit everything by 14th june 2019. So I got my police check and I filled out the forms and send it to my husband by DHL Express service.. But now we find out that the additional family information form just got updated to june 2019.. Now I am so confused. Will they accept the additional family information form???

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
When you sent the application, you used the most recent form that was available, right? Don't worry about it - if a new form comes out after you've submitted, that's not your fault. You had no way of knowing.

Worst case, they will simply ask you to fill out the new version of the form and resend it. The chances of that happening are extremely low.

Don't worry.

Zainab. taha1

Jun 3, 2019
I have submitted my forms to my husband but he didn't submit the forms yet to immigration . I live in Pakistan, and now for me sending again new version of form is difficult because we have EID Festival here and everything is closed.

amar18

Apr 6, 2024
In family information form, it asks for sibling details.My brother is PPermanent resident in Canda,Do I need to fill his details also.?
Because in the form it says, "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents."

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In family information form, it asks for sibling details.My brother is PPermanent resident in Canda,Do I need to fill his details also.?
Because in the form it says, "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents."
Please specify which form. If you mean imm5406, that is 'additional family information' form.

Yes, you do need to include your brother under siblings of principal applicant. In the brothers and sisters section. (This would seem self-evident)

Your brother does not need to fill out a form for submission himself.

In the version of the form I have (not the online form), it has different instructions - it says principal applicant, spouse or common law partner*, and all dependent children 18 or older must fill out the form (i.e. each of those should submit a form). Your brother should not be any of those (with caveat that I am only assuming that you are principal applicant or sponsor).

If you're referring to the IMM0008, then no: your brother is not an applicant or dependent of applicant. (IRCC is a bit unclear here but the reason is he is not 'family member' but additional family or extended family; most of the time when IRCC refers to 'family member' they mean applicant + spouse + dependent children). On IMM0008, sponsor-spouse is not included because by definition sponsor is citizen or PR.

*The form is actually unclear on one point, the 'spouse or common law partner' of applicant does not need to complete this form IF that person is the sponsor.