+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Documents request from Manila Visa Office

soohee

Sep 14, 2015
Hello,

I applied for PR under common-law sponsorship in August, 2015 and I got my SA approval a week ago.

Today, I received an email from Manila visa office regarding additional document request. Below is the content.

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:

 Complete Personal History from March 2005 until February 2010 (see attached form--include jobs held, periods of unemployment, periods of study and any other extended use of time, such as time spent travelling in search of a country of refuge, stays in hospital, prisons or other places of confinement, as well as periods spent at home as a homemaker. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE GAPS, AND USE MONTH-YEAR FORMAT.)

 Sponsor’s Income Tax Return showing marital status (e.g. T1) for the years 2013 and 2014

For the personal history, I already filled the information from 2015 to 2010 May for Schedule A background form(IMM5669). I am not sure why they are asking older information( from Mar 2005 until Feb 2010...). Anyway, I will complete the information they have requested and send them.

For Sponsor's Income Tax Return showing Marital status for the years 2013 and 2014, I am not sure what that means..
I sent T4 for 2014 and Option C-print out when I mailed the application. Do I get T1 for sponsor's income tax return showing marital status?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. think you have to fill out the gap what you have been and done since you are 18 year old. (I did)
guess, that's what VO would request that.
-I filled out all gap and even time I did not do any and just stayed at home for break.

2. if your partner got T1 from CRA this year. check that out.
otherwise, you/he need to call CRA and request that.

PS. think you have to send all requested doc in a month.

good luck.

correct me if there is wrong info.

soohee

Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

I am confused what "for the years 2013 and 2014" exactly means..

Sponsor’s Income Tax Return showing marital status (e.g. T1) for the years 2013 and 2014

Does it mean we have to submit the T1 he received in 2013 for 2012 return? And the one he received in 2014 for 2013 return?
Or does it mean we have to submit the T1 he received in 2014 for 2013 return, and the one he received in 2015 for 2014 return?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soohee said:
Thanks for the reply.

I am confused what "for the years 2013 and 2014" exactly means..

Sponsor’s Income Tax Return showing marital status (e.g. T1) for the years 2013 and 2014

Does it mean we have to submit the T1 he received in 2013 for 2012 return? And the one he received in 2014 for 2013 return?
Or does it mean we have to submit the T1 he received in 2014 for 2013 return, and the one he received in 2015 for 2014 return?
not sure when your partner filed as common law for tax return.
but I would call CRA to request for his T1 or any other docs that he filed his tax return as common law . (2013-for year 2012, 2014- year 2013 and 2015 for 2014 - in case of they would ask more.)
or if you/ he has an accountant, should ask your accountant.
they would know better.

soohee

Sep 14, 2015
I have a question regarding sending additional documents to Manila visa office.

It says to send documents using either two options; sending it to Visa Application Centre or using Courier service.

Do I need to pay extra handling fees if I use the first method(sending documents to visa application centre).

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Philippines/service_charge_schedule.html

According to the website, there's service charges for handling. and it says I have to mail bank draft.

I am so confused.. Do I have to mail them bank draft when sending additional documents to Visa Application Centre?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats private company, sure they charge you for any service.

you can send your docs through fedex dhl or canada post (express registered mail -i did)
do not need to use the company.

soohee

Sep 14, 2015
Another question is..

I am wondering if it would be ok to scan T1 and send it as an email attachment. It says all requested documents, unless specifically instructed to submit an original, should be sent as an email attachment, according to the email I got from Manila visa office.

Is there such thing as original form for T1? My sponsor has T1 received when he filed the tax return, which were printed at the tax service place. So I wonder if I can just scan them and send by e-mail.

Will I be getting different type or format of T1 if I call CRA and ask them to send me?

I am wondering if T1 he received from tax place and the one CRA sends are different.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. send it original as VO requested.

2. call CRA it might be different from accountant office.
WHatever he has from tax office not from Canada revenue Agency.

3. if you send it wrong docs or different docs from what VO request, they would not request again and continue to process based on docs what you send.
so in order to avoid the chance of PR refusal or delay, I would do whatever VO ask.