+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional documents for study permit

nusman

Jun 27, 2018
Hey Guys,

Need urgent help. I got admitted to the University of Calgary for a research masters program starting from September 2018 and also got an unconditional acceptance letter. I did my Bachelors (four-year program) from a government college in Delhi and passed out in 2015. Since then I am working in Delhi.

I applied for the student visa on May 5 through online mode from Delhi. On May 30, I got an additional document request from the IRCC. Please see the exact words:

"We have begun processing your application, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
 Client Information: Please provide evidence you meet the academic and English language proficiency requirements for unconditional admission to your graduate program."

In response to this (as suggested by the University), I submitted a letter from the University of Calgary (which my research supervisor provided me) saying that they have granted me an unconditional offer and they do not need any English language proficiency test as the medium of instruction for my Bachelors was in English. Along with this, I also uploaded the unconditional offer letter from the University of Calgary and a letter from my previous college stating the medium of instruction throughout my bachelors was English.

Now, can you please answer the following:

1. Does this mean that IRCC is satisfied with my other documents like proof of funds (I have submitted GIC, letter from my employer, 3 years ITR, bank statements, pay slips etc)?

2. Is it normal, that I still not got the approval as my application has crossed the normal processing time of 7 weeks? There are many students who applied ever before me through online mode and are yet to get the visa.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks

nusman

Jun 27, 2018
Hello all,

I got the study permit and received back my stamped passport on July 30 without giving any English language proficiency tests. In the case of university students, IELTS is not mandatory.

Best,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe not mandatory but as in your case still needed to provide proof of proficiency in English which you did.

IELTs or proof of English proficiency is just part of the application process given surprisingly there are still people applying whose level of English is such they might have a hard time attending any institution thereby wasting their time and potentially disrupting other students attendance hence IRCC request.