+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional docs

AntoTony

Sep 30, 2013
Hi all,
I've emailed my latest T4 and NOA to CIC about a month ago because ones I've sent originally with my application were for only 3 months of work but I haven't gotten any response so far!
Should I be worried about it or they don't usually confirm the reception of additional documents?
Does anyone have any experience with this?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
AntoTony said:
Hi all,
I've emailed my latest T4 and NOA to CIC about a month ago because ones I've sent originally with my application were for only 3 months of work but I haven't gotten any response so far!
Should I be worried about it or they don't usually confirm the reception of additional documents?
Does anyone have any experience with this?
In most cases CIC does not confirm the receipt of documents. You can email them and ask.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
iam_toby said:
In most cases CIC does not confirm the receipt of documents. You can email them and ask.
Not sure what other people's experience is like but I haven't received any response from the VO regarding my application.
A question for you though - did you send pay slips along with your application for the remaining 9 months?
You mentioned that you only sent T4 and NOA for 3 months of work experience, what about the remaining 9 months?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
richard.kim said:
Not sure what other people's experience is like but I haven't received any response from the VO regarding my application.
A question for you though - did you send pay slips along with your application for the remaining 9 months?
You mentioned that you only sent T4 and NOA for 3 months of work experience, what about the remaining 9 months?
I sent T4 and NOA for 2012 ( August - December ) and the latest August 2013 pay stub showing year-to-date earnings
from January - August 2013.

AntoTony

Sep 30, 2013
Good question!

to support the fact that I have a one year of work experience I've sent next:

-reference letter from my employer stating that I have worked for one year and still working at that same company.
-copy of my work permit which is valid for working in that company only.
-latest pay slip from that same company showing year to date working hours, days, pays earned and tax payed.

Hopefully that will be enough.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
iam_toby said:
I sent T4 and NOA for 2012 ( August - December ) and the latest August 2013 pay stub showing year-to-date earnings
from January - August 2013.
I think that should be ok.
You are effectively covering 12 months:
1. 4 months from August, 2012 to December, 2012
2. 8 months from January, 2013 to August, 2013
(assuming that the dates add up).

If, for whatever reason, they haven't received your new NOA and T4, the VO will ask you for them.
You have provided evidence that you were employed with the employer mentioned in the application for the duration of the time.

I am also under the assumption that you submitted a reference letter(s) from your employer(s) providing your start date and end date for each position.