+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional background check...

SherazAhmed

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
Dear all,

To my enquiry about the status of my application, i got a reply from london visa office that my file needed additional background checks.

What would that mean and how much time it takes normally? Plus what they actually in additional background check?

Knowlegable people please help...

Aor 4th march
Fswo
Ip2 29th sept

SherazAhmed

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
Dear all,

To my enquiry about the status of my application, i got a reply from london visa office that my file needed additional background checks.

What would that mean and how much time it takes normally? Plus what they actually in additional background check?

Knowlegable people please help...

Aor 4th march
Fswo
Ip2 29th sept
Please people?? Anyone?

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
this is the general reply everyone gets when they ask about the status of their application.. additional background checks does not mean that you are in security screening.. security screening is a long process and few people waited for more than 20 months as well. but normally it takes somewhere between 6 to 12 months in security screening. order GCMS notes to see if you are in security screening or not.. but generally LVO is very slow and takes a lot of time to process applications

Reactions: SherazAhmed

SherazAhmed

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
this is the general reply everyone gets when they ask about the status of their application.. additional background checks does not mean that you are in security screening.. security screening is a long process and few people waited for more than 20 months as well. but normally it takes somewhere between 6 to 12 months in security screening. order GCMS notes to see if you are in security screening or not.. but generally LVO is very slow and takes a lot of time to process applications
Thanks for the reply...

Do u know cases in which they have received an email reply of additional background checks and didnt go to security screening?

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply...

Do u know cases in which they have received an email reply of additional background checks and didnt go to security screening?
Yes, mine. Just normal security but been a long time in additional background checks