+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of Spouse post submission of AOR for CEC

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Hello Folks,

I am an outland CEC applicant from India, submitted my application in July, medicals passed in August, received Biometrics letter and now waiting for VFS to open for biometrics processing.
I am planning to get married sometime early next year (it would be arranged marriage).
In case i do not receive COPR before i get married, does it make sense to include my would be spouse in the application, will it lead to recalculation of points and me having to apply again?
Or should i wait for me to get PPR and then add the spouse. In the 2nd case, what all documents are required for the spouse? specifically how do we prove the legitimacy of the marriage in case of an arranged marriage?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, if you get married you have to add your spouse to the application. It doesn't impact your points. As always you must prove it is a genuine marriage and not one entered into primarily for immigration purposes.

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Hello Folks,

I am an outland CEC applicant from India, submitted my application in July, medicals passed in August, received Biometrics letter and now waiting for VFS to open for biometrics processing.
I am planning to get married sometime early next year (it would be arranged marriage).
In case i do not receive COPR before i get married, does it make sense to include my would be spouse in the application, will it lead to recalculation of points and me having to apply again?
Or should i wait for me to get PPR and then add the spouse. In the 2nd case, what all documents are required for the spouse? specifically how do we prove the legitimacy of the marriage in case of an arranged marriage?
@legalfalcon soliciting your reply here pls.
Im really confused about recalculation of the points

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Yes, if you get married you have to add your spouse to the application. It doesn't impact your points. As always you must prove it is a genuine marriage and not one entered into primarily for immigration purposes.
Thanks for the reply. However are you sure about impact to the points? There are many different opinions in the threads I have read.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Folks,

If you add your spouse after the application has been submitted, the family member added is not subject to eligibility assessment. However, the family member will have to be assessed for medical, criminal and security.

Irrespective of whether you add your spouse as accompanying or not, if you get married and your application is in progress, you will have to inform IRCC and your spouse will go through criminal, medical and security admissibility, irrespective of whether they are accompanying to not.

Adding the spouse post e-APR will not make any difference to your CRS score and the eligibility will not be done again. If you add your spouse now, it will take 1-3 months to process the documents and you both, your spouse and you will get the COPR and PR together.

If you receive your PR, then you will have to file a sponsor ship application, which take 12 months to process.

See https://bit.ly/33Se4UF