+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of new child after you get invitation for Visa

Gargamit12

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,

I completed my application after ITA in March starting. Then I had a baby in the month of April. I dropped couple of mails to the high commission informing them about my child and sent along the birth certificate and passport as well. I even raised a CSE and sent the documents in there as well but I didn't receive any response. In the month of September they asked me to submit the Passports for VISA. When I sent the passports for 3 of us, me, my spouse and new born child, they returned the passports stating that child is not added to the application and cpoc will be contacting me to tell on how to do that. When they called me, I wasn't able to take the call and I missed it as it was from unknown no. An I was in a official meeting. Since, then I have already written them several mails to apprise me of the next steps and even raised a CSE but didn't receive any response from them. Can anyone help on how to proceed further?

Gargamit12

Nov 20, 2019
Hi, you got any revert from them. We are also in similar situation.
Hi Abhi, they didn't reply till the time I sent them the document. So raised a CSE explaining the situation and attached the following documents.

1. IMM0008
2. IMM5406 for both myself and wife
3. Proof of payment for child ($150)
4. Birth certificate of child
5. Passport copy of Child
6. Photograph of Child

Within 2 weeks, I got a revert back that they have opened a slot on the online portal for update of child documents and also update medical request form on portal.

Once I updated the same, withing further 2 weeks in was asked to resubmit the Passports and got the CoPR and Visa within 3 days of submission of passport.

Just fill in the form and upload on CSE they will automatically add your child to the application as well.

abhiintruder

Mar 17, 2019
Congratulations and Thanks for the quick revert. Will try doing same.I have few more queries:
1) you filled IMM0008-general application or IMM0008-additional dependents/declaration. If it was general application, did primary applicant filled all the details again in this form.
2) did they ask for updated POF statement too.
3) since your medical must be around Jan-Feb. what is the COPR expiry date. Did you try for extension.
4) My file initially was in Ottawa and then got directed to Delhi VO. Was your case similar and which VO you approached.
TIA

Gargamit12

Nov 20, 2019
Congratulations and Thanks for the quick revert. Will try doing same.I have few more queries:
1) you filled IMM0008-general application or IMM0008-additional dependents/declaration. If it was general application, did primary applicant filled all the details again in this form.
2) did they ask for updated POF statement too.
3) since your medical must be around Jan-Feb. what is the COPR expiry date. Did you try for extension.
4) My file initially was in Ottawa and then got directed to Delhi VO. Was your case similar and which VO you approached.
TIA
Thanks.

1. General application.
2. No POF as I had already shown funds according to 3.
3. They even asked for our medicals again. So CoPR is valid till next December.
4. Mine was with New Delhi itself.

When you raise CSE you can approach any VO which you think is considering your file. I sent mail to both Chandigarh and New Delhi VO.

Reactions: abhiintruder

abhiintruder

Mar 17, 2019
@Gargamit12 Thanks again for revert. Sorry for bothering again but there seems to be a situation in my case. We did mail and raised webform with the mentioned documents. And yesterday we got medical request for my kid but there was no request for us. We called CIC they said that the Note for request of extension is mentioned in file but we didnt get any such request for us.
Was this the case with you. Did you got all the re-medical requests together or got kid medical request first and then for PA & SA applicant. Will raise a CSE if they have missed for us.

Gargamit12

Nov 20, 2019
@Gargamit12 Thanks again for revert. Sorry for bothering again but there seems to be a situation in my case. We did mail and raised webform with the mentioned documents. And yesterday we got medical request for my kid but there was no request for us. We called CIC they said that the Note for request of extension is mentioned in file but we didnt get any such request for us.
Was this the case with you. Did you got all the re-medical requests together or got kid medical request first and then for PA & SA applicant. Will raise a CSE if they have missed for us.
In my case I specifically mentioned in the CSE that my Medical will expire in couple of months. I didn't raise any separate CSE. They initially sent me the medical form for child and then a day later they sent medical forms for PA & SA as well. There should be a gap of atleast 9 months before they can ask you for getting medical again. Anyways, since you have received for medical of Child, congratulations your CoPR will be processed within couple of weeks now once you upload child medical documents. If they think that you need to go for medical again they will automatically send you request for medical.

abhiintruder

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks again for quick revert :)
In our case today early morning we got our kid medical request .Will wait for 1-2 days more to see if they send re-medical request for us.