+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding wife to my existing approved file

ad3019

Mar 14, 2021
I got my pr confirmation under tr to pr pathway in may 2023. I applied on May 6, 2021 and I got married in Dec 2022. I would like to add my wife to the same file. After several calls and web forms, I have not received any update. Could you please advise what shall be done in this case?

how long do i have to reply to pr confirmation email?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I got my pr confirmation under tr to pr pathway in may 2023. I applied on May 6, 2021 and I got married in Dec 2022. I would like to add my wife to the same file. After several calls and web forms, I have not received any update. Could you please advise what shall be done in this case?

DO NOT land as PR until your wife's added to your file. (i.e. updated forms, medical, PC and background check)
If you landed without her in the file, you can NEVER sponsor her.

So you submitted the webforms back in Dec 2022 and haven't heard from IRCC for the last 5 months??

ad3019

Mar 14, 2021
I am already in canada on work permit and my wife on spousal work permit. I raised web form in jan 2023, and raise some more in may 2023.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am already in canada on work permit and my wife on spousal work permit. I raised web form in jan 2023, and raise some more in may 2023.
So your wife is already on SOWP from your work permit? This is confusing.. Did she already go through medical and background check?

So you would be virtually landed. Do not go through the virtual landing process unless she is also included.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

ad3019

Mar 14, 2021
She did got her medical and background check in india while she applied for her SOWP.

She was not added to the orginal application. Can i add her now?

May 6, 2021 - applied for the pr under tr to pr
dec 2022- got married
feb 2023 - my wife applied for her SOWP
Feb/march 2023 - raised webforms.
may 2023 - got approval for my orinignal application

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She did got her medical and background check in india while she applied for her SOWP.

dec 2022- got married
As mentioned by @YVR123 you have no choice!

Because you were married during the processing of your PR application, failing to include her now would mean that you can never sponsor her. DO IT!

Reactions: YVR123

ad3019

Mar 14, 2021
As mentioned by @YVR123 you have no choice!

Because you were married during the processing of your PR application, failing to include her now would mean that you can never sponsor her. DO IT!
what do you mean by do it?

shall i reply to pr confirmation email?

i raised web forms. i have not recived any response from them. there would be a way to sponsor her.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

dec 2022- got married
When you sent the webform, did you include updated form/information of your spouse?
She needs to be added to IMM 0008 and filled other immigration forms that's required for dependent to be included in your application.

Look at the email (I am not familiar with the confirmation email) and see if there is a way to communicate back to IRCC that you need to add your wife to the application. Since she has already done medical and police and background checked recently, adding her to your application should not be an issue.

again, do not provide information to proceed the landing process. You may want to call IRCC and talk to a person to see if the agent can do anything about your webforms rasied back in Feb/March.

ad3019

Mar 14, 2021
When you sent the webform, did you include updated form/information of your spouse?
She needs to be added to IMM 0008 and filled other immigration forms that's required for dependent to be included in your application.

Look at the email (I am not familiar with the confirmation email) and see if there is a way to communicate back to IRCC that you need to add your wife to the application. Since she has already done medical and police and background checked recently, adding her to your application should not be an issue.

again, do not provide information to proceed the landing process. You may want to call IRCC and talk to a person to see if the agent can do anything about your webforms rasied back in Feb/March.
i called them but cannot get hold of them.

the pr confirmation says to inform if there is change in the marital status by raising a web form or calling ircc. but no reply from them.

Alternatively, can i accept my pr and put my wife's file again?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
i called them but cannot get hold of them.

the pr confirmation says to inform if there is change in the marital status by raising a web form or calling ircc. but no reply from them.

Alternatively, can i accept my pr and put my wife's file again?
NO. once you acccept it as is (i.e. you are single) . You can NEVER sponsor your wife. Try calling them again. (years ago it took me copule of days calling them for over 40 min non-stop to reach an agent. not sure how hard it is to reach them now.)

Rajvinder Singh

Nov 30, 2018

Did you update Ircc about your marriage when your PR file was under process?

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022

It is strange they never saw your webform requests against your application number. It is highly unlikely they ignored your webform requests.
None-the-less, the PR approval Letter usually has steps that if your family composition has changed, what steps to be followed. You need to inform IRCC first. Do not accept PR till the time your wife isn't included. They will respond with the next steps.

Last edited: