+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding wife name to pnp file after medical?

premmis

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
i would like to ask if adding wife name in pnp file after marriage will delay my file for PR Process?
I got my medical done on Oct 25,13 and i got married on 24 Nov 2013.
I haven't heard anything from CIC yet.I am confused if i should add my wife name in my file right now or after my PR.
I have got my marriage registered in india before i came to canada i.e 20th Dec,2013.

Is there any way that i can add my wife name later on after my PR status? I need help please suggest me?

Thanks..
prem

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hi Prem

You have to add your wife to your PR application now. You can't choose not to or you will be misrepresenting yourself. Misrepresentation is a crime and taken seriously by CIC.
If you land as a single person without having updated CIC you risk losing your PR status and your wife can NEVER be sponsored as part of the family class
It will delay your PR a bit longer but there's nothing you can do about it i'm afraid.

Good luck

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I don't know if you submitted below documents yet or not but The first thing you have to do is to update CIC through email about change in your martial change due to marriage and then send them below package:

In order to add your spouse to your application, CIC require the following documents:
• processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
• copy of birth certificate of your spouse
• copy of your spouse’s valid passport
• 4 recent photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
• an original or a notarized “no” criminal activity certificate for your spouse
• a completed application kit with all the requirements
• updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself
• copy of marriage certificate
• a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish your spouse to immigrate to the province of Québec with you at this time (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp) [Only for Quebec Skilled Worker Class Applications]

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required. All documents must be sent by mail, fax or email.
Please be advised you can email all of the above documents but Police Certificates which must be Originals and will be mail to this address.

Best of luck!!

premmis

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply..

munirar

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2013
Nomination.....
September 2013
AOR Received.
January 2014
Med's Request
January 2014
Med's Done....
February 2014
Hi,
Can you please give me the CIC email id? I tried emailing cio-sydney-search-enquiry@cic.gc.ca as per the call center, I did not get an reply.
Thank you.