+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Wife as dependent after AoR - PNP Stream

aasil123

Nov 7, 2017
@StevieFray quick question. Did you arrange for your wife's medical and police clearance certificate prior to informing CIC?

Since they only give 30 days to arrange for the above listed documents, do you think I should sort out the medical and pcc before the wedding ceremony?

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
@StevieFray quick question. Did you arrange for your wife's medical and police clearance certificate prior to informing CIC?

Since they only give 30 days to arrange for the above listed documents, do you think I should sort out the medical and pcc before the wedding ceremony?
Yes if you can, please do, that will only help immigration to process your file even faster. You'll be amazed at the speed your file goes when you add a spouse to it. When I was by myself, my file was lagging but the moment I added her, in about 3 weeks i received approval for her and I. I was in IP1 btw before that.

Now keep in mind, I submitted everything at one time, pcc, meds, and all those docs that I posted earlier. I'm basically trying to place you in the same situation I was in so results can be close to the same.

Reactions: sanyaak

aasil123

Nov 7, 2017
@StevieFray sorry to bother you again.

I have submitted my PR application and received AOR on the 16th of April 2018. I have gotten married 3 days ago (20th July 2018). I am about to raise a case specific enquiry to notify IRCC about my marriage.
Please help with below:
1. What all details should I include in my inquiry message?
2. What (if any) documents should I attach in my enquiry?
3. Do I send a separate email to the visa office along with the case specific enquiry?
4. How soon do I inform IRCC after my marriage? My marriage certificate is still under process. Do I wait for it or notify IRCC right away?
Thanks! Would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Did you also send a separate email to your Visa office? what details did you add there?

Would appreciate your swift response. Thanks!

Last edited:

aasil123

Nov 7, 2017
@StevieFray need your help with adding my spouse to my existing application.

I got married last week and raised a case specific inquiry form to inform IRCC that my martial status has changed and that my spouse will be accompanying me to Canada.

I only attached pictures of the wedding ceremony and the front page of my wife's passport copy and asked them to share the list of documents and forms required to add my spouse to the application.

My first question is, how long did it take for them to revert back to you with the documents required?

Secondly, I also called IRCC's helpline and spoke to an agent who shared a generic email with me with the list of forms required to add spouse. This email didnt carry any instructions regarding who the form is to be filled for. It also did not ask for any police clearance certificates and didnt say anything about how to make additional payment.

Should I wait for IRCC to respond to the inquiry I raised through case specific form or submit the basic documents listed in the email from the call center agent?

aasil123

Nov 7, 2017
I had raised a case specific inquiry to london visa office (where my PR application is being processed) informing them that i had gotten married recently after the submission of my PR application and had requested them to send me the exact documents and forms required to add my wife to the application. 2 days later I received the below response which doesnt answer my query.

"Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. Sincerely,

SNO"

Please guide as to what I am supposed to do in this case. Thanks!

PS: @StevieFray @BillHyatt @legalfalcon @crescent_jam

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I had raised a case specific inquiry to london visa office (where my PR application is being processed) informing them that i had gotten married recently after the submission of my PR application and had requested them to send me the exact documents and forms required to add my wife to the application. 2 days later I received the below response which doesnt answer my query.

"Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. Sincerely,

SNO"

Please guide as to what I am supposed to do in this case. Thanks!

PS: @legalfalcon ]

submit the following documents by EMAIL latest by

- An IMM8 Application form including your spouse details.
- Schedule A form for your spouse
- Additional Family Information form for you and your spouse.
- Processing fee for your spouse
- RPRF (Landing fee) for you and your spouse
FEE PAYMENT: Payment can be made online and receipt can be sent to our office by email
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

- Notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- Copy of your spouse’s valid passport
- A copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- A few wedding photographs
- Indian Police clearance certificates for you and your spouse and PCCs for any other country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
POLICE CERTIFICATES:

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Ok no prob, it wouldn't hurt to let them know but here is the message I received:

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.). If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada. 1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications. 3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max) 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp.
Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON AN ECONOMIC CLASS APPLICATION
>> QUESTIONS FOR THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT <<
Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.
Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.
Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.
DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
1. Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:
a. First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)
b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
d. How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats)
e. Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.
2. Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No
If in common-law relationship skip to question #8
3. Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it was arranged.
4. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
5. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if applicable.
6. Provide information regarding your religious beliefs.
7. Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
8. Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)? Provide details such as when and where.
9. If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
Applicant Signature: ___________________________________ Date: __________________________
INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON AN ECONOMIC CLASS APPLICATION
>> QUESTIONS FOR THE SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER (CLP) <<
Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.
Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.
Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.
DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
1. Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:
a. First contact with your spouse/CLP (i.e., when and where)
b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
d. What language is used when you communicate with your spouse/CLP and how often?
e. Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.
2. Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No
3. Do you receive financial support from your spouse? If so, how much and how often.
4. Do you have any children? If so, please provide their names and dates of birth.
If in common-law relationship skip to question #8
5. Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it was arranged.
6. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
7. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if applicable.
8. Provide information regarding your religious beliefs.
9. Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
10. Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)? Provide details such as when and where.
11. If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.
Spouse/CLP Signature: _________________________________ Date: ________________________
INTERPRETER DECLARATION This section must be fully completed if an interpreter assisted you in the preparation of this questionnaire.
I, , solemnly declare that I have faithfully and accurately interpreted in the language the content of this application and any related questionnaires/forms to the persons concerned.
I have been informed by the person concerned, and I do verily believe, that he/she completely understands the nature and effect of these questionnaires/forms, and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.
Interpreter signature: Date: ______________
Were you able to upload everything in a single placeholder? Or were multiple placeholders opened for you? How many wedding pictures did you attached?

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Were you able to upload everything in a single placeholder? Or were multiple placeholders opened for you? How many wedding pictures did you attached?
There were multiple placeholders and we had 10 pictures just with friends. We did a courthouse marriage and our parents were not there.