+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse while application in process

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hi,
I am in Canada but my spouse is back home. I have applied for PR and my immigration is in process. I am PNP Ontario.

Does my wife need to be in Canada for me to add her to my application?

And what other documents are required. Do I give my wife`s address of home countryÉ
How does it all work

Thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When applying for Canadian PR you should include all your family members - spouse and dependent children - in the application. Their address can be given in the IMM 0008 accordingly and also in the additional family information form - IMM 5406.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Thanks but I already applied and my application is in process since few months. Now I will get married back in my home country. Can I just add spouse to my application halfway through
Does she need to be in Canada

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hs202 said:
Thanks but I already applied and my application is in process since few months. Now I will get married back in my home country. Can I just add spouse to my application halfway through
Does she need to be in Canada
1. You have to add your spouse to the application with all the required documents.
2. No she doesn't have to be in Canada.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

1. You have to add your spouse to the application with all the required documents.
2. No she doesn't have to be in Canada.
Thanks PMM.
That is good to hear.
My follow up question seems silly but what are the required documents. Do I just look at all the documents that I would have submitted for my spouse had she applied along with me