+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application currently in progress

Oct 19, 2017
Tags: India, Express Entry, Add Spouse

Hello everyone,
I got married in a civil ceremony on October 9, 2017, while my application was under consideration by CIC. I immediately applied for the change of status and got a request asking me to submit additional documents for my spouse. My questions are highlighted in blue below:

3. Forms:
  • Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP --
    • I am unsure of how many forms I need to submit. Is it only 1 form that is completed by me indicating my spouse as my dependent, or 2 forms one completed by me and my husband?
    • If it is 2 forms, then would he show me as his dependent, since I am the principal applicant? And how do I submit multiple forms in the same link?
    • Under what class would his application fall -- I am under the skilled worker category, but would he be under family class?
    • Another confusion I have with regard to this form is that in the IRCC notice, they have asked me to submit the IMM 0008 form and the link in my application asks for the IMM 0008DEP form -- which one should I be completing?
  • Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP -- Again, is this one each for my husband and myself? In his form, would he indicate himself as the applicant or the spouse?
  • A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 -- Please clarify if this is one form completed by my spouse only
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP -- My understanding is that I, as the principal applicant, would complete 1 form and include my spouse in the same form. is this correct?
4. Documents
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate -- We have applied to have a birth certificate issued as his family did not obtain one when he was born. What is the alternative in case we cannot get this in time?
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). -- I am including the evidence mentioned in #7 as an appendix with the questionnaires. I am including photos of trips, text message transcripts, emails, travel tickets/ boarding passes, photos of our engagement, photos of our civil wedding ceremony, and relationship support letters from family/ friends. Our religious wedding is planned for later this year. Are there any other documents I can include?

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)

- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

In addition to the above evidence of the relationship, I am including a letter of explanation regarding why we had a civil wedding 3 months before our religious ceremony and attaching our wedding invitation as appendix. Are there any other documents that I can add in order to make my case stronger?

Please help me sort out my documents as I need to submit all documents by 18 November 2017.

Thanks,
canadahopeful27

Last edited:

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello everyone,
I got married in a civil ceremony on October 9, 2017, while my application was under consideration by CIC. I immediately applied for the change of status and got a request asking me to submit additional documents for my spouse. My questions are highlighted in blue below:

3. Forms:
  • Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP --
    • I am unsure of how many forms I need to submit. Is it only 1 form that is completed by me indicating my spouse as my dependent, or 2 forms one completed by me and my husband?
    • If it is 2 forms, then would he show me as his dependent, since I am the principal applicant? And how do I submit multiple forms in the same link?
    • Under what class would his application fall -- I am under the skilled worker category, but would he be under family class?
    • Another confusion I have with regard to this form is that in the IRCC notice, they have asked me to submit the IMM 0008 form and the link in my application asks for the IMM 0008DEP form -- which one should I be completing?
You have to submit one form and add spouse as dependent in the same form. (Give details of the Principal applicant in category).
I received IMM 0008 form in the documents check list.-- I have only one upload option and not aware of IMM 0008DEP form.

• Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP -- Again, is this one each for my husband and myself? In his form, would he indicate himself as the applicant or the spouse? - - For Principal applicant and for spouse - 2 forms.
  • A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 -- Please clarify if this is one form completed by my spouse only - - Spouse only.
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP -- My understanding is that I, as the principal applicant, would complete 1 form and include my spouse in the same form. is this correct? - - Yes, complete and add spouse in the same form.
4. Documents
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate -- We have applied to have a birth certificate issued as his family did not obtain one when he was born. What is the alternative in case we cannot get this in time? - - You can skip it if not available. (Passport provides Date of Birth info)
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). -- I am including the evidence mentioned in #7 as an appendix with the questionnaires. I am including photos of trips, text message transcripts, emails, travel tickets/ boarding passes, photos of our engagement, photos of our civil wedding ceremony, and relationship support letters from family/ friends. Our religious wedding is planned for later this year. Are there any other documents I can include?
That should be fine.

- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)

- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

In addition to the above evidence of the relationship, I am including a letter of explanation regarding why we had a civil wedding 3 months before our religious ceremony and attaching our wedding invitation as appendix. Are there any other documents that I can add in order to make my case stronger?
- - Should be fine.

Please help me sort out my documents as I need to submit all documents by 18 November 2017.

Thanks,
canadahopeful27

Reactions: Armstrong17

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
gowthamp , the IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms have to be printed, signed and then scanned? I am confuse because at the end of those form it asks for signature.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
gowthamp , the IMM0008 and IMM5406 forms have to be printed, signed and then scanned? I am confuse because at the end of those form it asks for signature.
If it is asking for signature, then you have to sign and scan.

Reactions: Nartus

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018

Hello everyone,

3. Forms:
  • Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP -- Again, is this one each for my husband and myself? In his form, would he indicate himself as the applicant or the spouse?
  • A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 -- Please clarify if this is one form completed by my spouse only
  • Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP -- My understanding is that I, as the principal applicant, would complete 1 form and include my spouse in the same form. is this correct?
4. Documents
  • Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate -- We have applied to have a birth certificate issued as his family did not obtain one when he was born. What is the alternative in case we cannot get this in time?

Thanks,
canadahopeful27
Hey, I believe you guys got your PPR? Were they OK with the fact that the religious wedding was after you added your spouse to the application?