+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application after AOR - Proof of funds

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for PR and received AOR on Dec 6 2016. I got married in feb 2017 and I am planning to add my spouse to the application. As per different threads on this forum, I would have to raise Case specific query and inform CIC about status change. I need to confirm documents that needs to be submitted and understand proof of funds requirement. Will CIC ask for proof of funds again for adding my partner.

Just to mention that while submitting my PR application my status was single but I showed proof of funds sufficient for two persons. So would they consider the old proof of funds shown with my PR or will they ask for fresh evidence of funds. If yes, then what time do they ask for these funds.

Would request seniors to please reply.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Since you got married after AOR, you have to raise a CSE and update them about the change in the composition in your family.

You would need to submit your marriage certificate, PCC and medical for your spouse and additional POF. Since you showed POF for 2 people at the time of your application, it wouldnt hurt to get another letter from the bank.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
thanks for the reply.

I am in the process of getting the required documents, but it will take two to three weeks. Should I wait to receive all the documents and then submit the CSE or inform CIC right away without documents. Also, do I need to submit photos and other evidence while submitting CSE?

Regarding POF, Can I show additional proof of funds in a new joint account of us instead of an old bank account which I used for my PR application. The old account has some withdrawals which I would not like to show to CIC. So to avoid that, I can open a new bank account jointly for both of us and then transfer funds from old account to this.

Would appreciate replies on this.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CIC would not like that. They can ask for updated bank statements at anytime and therefore, it is advised not to make any withdrawals and move the money around. May be others who have been through that can advise better.