+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse to existing FSW 2014 application

chatnemail

May 1, 2015
Hi,

I am new to this forum.
This is with regard to the FSW 2014 application.

I applied for FSWP before getting married, later got my file number and acknowledgement from Colombo Immigration office, meanwhile I applied for my marriage certificate.

By then, I got an email on the 10th of April from the Colombo immigration office requesting for the:

- RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This must be received at this office by: 2015/05/10.
- Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. This must be received at this office by: 2015/05/10.
(Please note date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

and another email as below,

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage
where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

The Status now is:

I want to add my spouse to my application, however am awaiting her passport and I don't think i will get it by the deadline given by them.
I have notified them about my marriage and requested for extension of the deadline to submit my medicals and pcc along with my wife's, however I did not get any reply or information.

My question is,

1. Do I send only my documents as of now.
2. Do I wait for their reply.
3. As I have already notified them and requested for the due date extension, send all the documents i.e. Medicals, PPC, RPRF of mine and my wife, once I get her passport.

Please advise.

cheemais

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
I am or rather, was in your situation.

I informed the Visa office of my marriage and then went for medicals and sent my documents. Since I was also waiting for my Wife's Passport, I couldn't send the documents at that time. I have got my Passport Request and am yet to send the application (got the passport yesterday).

So my advise, go for your meds if you don't hear back from your VO cause there's still at least a month left for the whole process and you would have another chance to modify your file.

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
chatnemail said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum.
This is with regard to the FSW 2014 application.

I applied for FSWP before getting married, later got my file number and acknowledgement from Colombo Immigration office, meanwhile I applied for my marriage certificate.

By then, I got an email on the 10th of April from the Colombo immigration office requesting for the:

- RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This must be received at this office by: 2015/05/10.
- Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. This must be received at this office by: 2015/05/10.
(Please note date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

and another email as below,

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage
where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

The Status now is:

I want to add my spouse to my application, however am awaiting her passport and I don't think i will get it by the deadline given by them.
I have notified them about my marriage and requested for extension of the deadline to submit my medicals and pcc along with my wife's, however I did not get any reply or information.

My question is,

1. Do I send only my documents as of now.
2. Do I wait for their reply.
3. As I have already notified them and requested for the due date extension, send all the documents i.e. Medicals, PPC, RPRF of mine and my wife, once I get her passport.

Please advise.
Complete you MR and send the landing fee first other docs.
Send a CSE to VO about informing them about change in family composition and they will
give you a list of documents that you need to send for that purpose.
In the meantime collect all the maraiage related docs and PCC for your spouse so that you can send them fast after you get the doc list from VO.
Once your spouse is added then the VO will again send the medical form for her again.

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Hello all,

I got my PR this year in April. I went to canada and got my PR card.
Now I got married and want to add my spouse.

What is the way out for this? Where should I apply this?

Guri

cheemais

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
GURI.D.CHD said:
Hello all,

I got my PR this year in April. I went to canada and got my PR card.
Now I got married and want to add my spouse.

What is the way out for this? Where should I apply this?

Guri
Since you have already landed and completed formalities, your file has been closed from CIC's end. You now need to Sponsor your spouse to come to Canada and follow the Visa process for the same.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks for the answer.

I'm in USA right now on work visa. Should I go to canada and apply there? Or I can apply from USA?
Also, any idea on the processing time?

Guri

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GURI.D.CHD said:
Thanks for the answer.

I'm in USA right now on work visa. Should I go to canada and apply there? Or I can apply from USA?
Also, any idea on the processing time?

Guri
You cannot apply for the US. You must be in Canada when you submit the application to sponsor your spouse and you must continue living in Canada while the application is being process (until it's approved). If you are currently working in the US, you will need to wait until you have returned to live in Canada before you apply.