+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse in PR application after receiving Medicals -- Need Help

sujeetks

Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I already searched this forum for my topic. But couldnt find so adding this topic.

I submitted my PR application under Canadian Experienced Class in Aug2013. I got married in Feb2014. I informed CIC about my marrige on 19Mar2014. I recevied my medicals on 20Mar2014. I am in Canda. My spouse is in India. I paid my and my wife's RPRF feed on 24Mar.

I need to know whats the process for adding my spouce in my application? How much time its takes for processing? I sent my marriage cert, photos and some wedding docs to CIC. Do i need to fill some forms? Should i wait for my spouse's medical before i submit my medicals.

Please advice. Appriciate your response on this matter. Thanks!!!

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, I don't know how you managed to pay for your wife's RPRF.

Anyways, so when applying for your wife, it will become a fresh application if your application has been decision'd already. I would suggest calling CIC and asking whether or not to include your spouse. This would obviously delay your processing however it may be better (you have to decide) because if your wife were to apply afterwards it is a completely new application ("Spouse Sponsor" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp ) with its own requirements.

sujeetks

Apr 1, 2014
thanks a lot for reply. i did call to CIC and they asked me to send email to CPP Ottawa. How do i find out if the decision is made or not on my application? Current status in CIC site shows as In Process. Please advice.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then its likely to be still "In Process". Decision made will show up as Decision made. I would begin either ways by sending an email to Ottawa

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hello,
I added my spouse to my application in process with CPP Ottawa in March 2014 , but unfortunately instead of adding him as Accompanying I clicked Non Accompanying . Later on I emailed the cic Officer that it was an error and asked to amend but by then I received an email from Officer requesting Sponsorship documents . My lawyer says I don't need to send Sponsorship documents as I am adding him not sponsoring. I don't understand who to follow...Suggestions from you guys will be appreciated ..