+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after Submitting RPRF - PLEASE HELP!!

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I will be getting married very soon and have few questions regarding my PR application under process within Canada [PR Application Under Economic Program (Category: Provincial Nominee)].

Please see below and advise accordingly.

 What should I do if there is a change in my family composition due to marriage (my wife is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and never been to Canada) while my PR application under process within Canada - Applied under PNP Category?
 After getting married, Father’s Name of my wife will be replaced by My name (Husband’s Name). In order to update last name of my wife on National Identity Card (NIC) and on Passport (PP), we will submit application kit to Government of Pakistan and there will be some processing and waiting time . That being said, Please advise what should I do; Should I wait for my wife’s new PP and NIC and then submit all new/updated application forms to CIC Office in Canada or Should I just provide current NIC and PP information and update you later once we have new PP and NIC?
 As my wife is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and don’t have any Canadian VISA/WP (wish to bring her with me as I will be returning back to Canada to carry on my Job after marriage) will I pay processing fee for my wife? Please correct me if I am wrong, can my wife accompany me to Canada while my PR application under process within Canada?
 As, I will add my wife on my application, will we be able to get PR together (if our application approved)?

Your response to this will be highly appreciated and if you feel anything that needs to be addressed here, please feel free to do so.

Thank you and have a great day!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get married during your PR processing, you must add your wife to your application.

In order to add her, you should start looking at the forms now. There are various forms she has to fill out regarding her background history and family info and you should also go through all of your forms and re-do the forms that have changed because you are married. You can apply before she has her new passport because you will not be sending the passport in until they ask for it. If she has already applied to change her name, you can apply for her under her married name but there is a space to write former names so she can write her maiden name there. You can include a note stating that she has changed her name so recently that her ID is still under her maiden name but you are working on changing that and will send them a copy when you can.

In order to bring her with you before getting PR, if you have been nominated under PNP, I believe that regardless of your job being skilled or not or regardless of risk of overstay, your wife could get a work permit. Contact your PNP and ask about this.

Regardless of having been nominated or not, your wife would qualify for an open work permit if you are working in a skilled position but in that case, risk of overstay can be taken into account and she could be refused.

I have heard that after a PNP nomination, risk of overstay does not apply anymore.

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
First of all Congratulations for getting married and starting a new life.
After getting married while you are still in your home country the first thing you should do is to Add your wife to your PNP file by simply downloading the PNP add/Remove family form, just filled it up mention your PNP file number, your spouse name, reason Example Marriage, your CIC file number and attach a copy of your marriage certificate. etc then FAX. or Mail that form to PNP office with a copy of your marriage certificate. I would suggest FAX. because it will faster they will respond to you within 2 weeks and once you come back to Canada you would not have to wait for that.
Meanwhile you should urgently get your wife new NIC under your name, as soon as you get that apply for her new passport under your name get that done on urgent option I'm sure it is possible, the next thing should be ready after her new passport under your name is her police clearance certificate and you also need her 6 PR specific photographs, on the backside of 5 photograph write her name and DOB and leave 6th one unwritten.
Once you come back to Canada prepare a File which includes a letter stating your marriage and your wish to add your spouse to your CIC file, attach the response letter you got from the PNP office when you updated them about your spouse also you need to refill some of the PR application forms which includes IMM0008, IMM5406E (include your spouse details on both), IMM5562E (since you have travelled back to your home country refill that form with your current trip dates), your spouse also has to fill this form IMM5669E (tick mark on spouse option and she has to fill this form). you have to pay fees of 550$ since your wife is getting add to your file, attach the receipt, copy of her new passport, her new NIC, police clearance, her birth certificate, 6 photos as mentioned above and courier this file to visa office who is operating your CIC process.
I hope this gave you some idea on how you should be adding your wife to your PR application.

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much guys for this very useful information!

I do have one confusion here now, do i need to update PNP Office about my martial status change and ask them to issue me updated PNP Certificate with my Spouse add on it or Should I just update CIC Case Processing office and submit docx which are required for this change in family composition?

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
You wont required a PNP certificate for your wife but they do need to be informed about your marital status, they will just update in their database and send you an updated email, CIC process should be carry on after that.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
You need to inform CIC as soon as you get married. It might even be a good idea to inform them a couple of weeks before the wedding. The worst thing is if they issue your COPR after you're married but before they've been informed.

Your application may be re-evaluated based on both your profile and your new wife's, depending on the province. This could help your application or hurt it, depending on her education, work experience, etc. Usually the spouse's characteristics count much less than the principal applicant's, so the most likely thing is that it won't make a big difference.

If, however, after looking carefully at the provincial and federal criteria, you believe that getting married will cause your application to fail, and it is important to you to come to Canada, then you could delay getting married and marry only after you become a permanent resident. In this case, it is extremely important that you have never lived together for a year at the time you become a PR. If this is the case, then you can sponsor her to come to Canada after you get married.

If you think there is a risk of this, it might be worthwhile to speak to an immigration lawyer to evaluate what effect your marriage will have on your application.

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you much!

I will update CIC Case Processing about the change in my family composition due to marriage but will not be able to submit all docx as to update my Wife's Maiden Name with Married name on National Identity Card (NIC) and on Passport (talking about Change in Last Name) as we need some time (Govt Process). Once we will have my wife's new NIC, we will apply for to get Police Clearance certificate for her.

Please advise by just telling CIC team through an email, will there be any issue if I re-enter Canada as a Married Man and submit my all new/updated docs package later on when i get there?

FYI: When i left Canada i was single but now I am married.

Thank you in advance!

Warp23

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
03-09-2012
So any update? did everything got resolved? Did your wife came to canada with you?

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hello,
I added my spouse to my application in process with CPP Ottawa in March 2014 , but unfortunately instead of adding him as Accompanying I clicked Non Accompanying . Later on I emailed the cic Officer that it was an error and asked to amend but by then I received an email from Officer requesting Sponsorship documents . My lawyer says I don't need to send Sponsorship documents as I am adding him not sponsoring. I don't understand who to follow ... Any kind of help from you guys will be appreciated ..

imrankh85

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NovaScotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 26 2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
Hello Everyone,

My marital status has just changed and I want to include my spouse to the PR application. I have sent an email on CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca, but it seems like people are not getting reply from this email. Can you guys suggest any other email on which I can send an email regarding my status update?

thanks

joshy008

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 5 2013
Nomination.....
july 10
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 9
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
0CTOBER 9
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 29
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 4 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 21 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 11 2014
HI you will not get a reply right away,,you just get the acknowledge email..with in one month you will probably get one email saying your wife is added to your application and you need additional documents etc

applicant4

Jul 6, 2015
Hello everyone

My husband added me to his PR application (in processing); he is doing his papers with a lawyer but unfortunately this lawyer has a lot of work and don´t know if they are handling everything as expected (there have been some prior mistakes). That is why I am writing as would like to have more information about the process. Once we received the PR number we sent my forms and the other papers, they answered on june 12 saying that everything was ok, so they would forward a copy to CIC and CIC will respond with the mailing address where to send the papers (where my husband application is being processed), and they would confirm by email when the application is mailed. After waiting to know something from them we wrote on june 30 to know how everything was going they anwsered just until today july 6th, "There are no updates to report at this time. CIC has received electronic copies of your forms and we are waiting for CIC to confirm where original documents must be mailed. This can take a month or so for a response".

Is this true? is this the way to do the process? they waited until all the papers were ready and sent to them to tell CIC about marital status change saying that they needed to e-mail the forms but what I have seen is that you first notify and then mail the papers. does it really take a month for CIC to provide an adress where to send the papers?

Please help us, I am really worried because I knew once they receive the papers it will take some time to much for any informatiocheck the information but I did not know that even to send the papers we had to wait. In 6 days it will be already a month since the lawyer received the papers and still no advance on the application. Thank you very much for any info you can give me!

pahire

Sep 24, 2015
applicant4 said:
Hello everyone

My husband added me to his PR application (in processing); he is doing his papers with a lawyer but unfortunately this lawyer has a lot of work and don´t know if they are handling everything as expected (there have been some prior mistakes). That is why I am writing as would like to have more information about the process. Once we received the PR number we sent my forms and the other papers, they answered on june 12 saying that everything was ok, so they would forward a copy to CIC and CIC will respond with the mailing address where to send the papers (where my husband application is being processed), and they would confirm by email when the application is mailed. After waiting to know something from them we wrote on june 30 to know how everything was going they anwsered just until today july 6th, "There are no updates to report at this time. CIC has received electronic copies of your forms and we are waiting for CIC to confirm where original documents must be mailed. This can take a month or so for a response".

Is this true? is this the way to do the process? they waited until all the papers were ready and sent to them to tell CIC about marital status change saying that they needed to e-mail the forms but what I have seen is that you first notify and then mail the papers. does it really take a month for CIC to provide an adress where to send the papers?

Please help us, I am really worried because I knew once they receive the papers it will take some time to much for any informatiocheck the information but I did not know that even to send the papers we had to wait. In 6 days it will be already a month since the lawyer received the papers and still no advance on the application. Thank you very much for any info you can give me!
Did you go through this phase? as I would like to know what steps you have taken as I am facing similar issue at the moment.