+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after AOR

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Hi Guys,

As i got so much help throughout my journey so far from this forum, i thought i'd compile infromation regarding adding spouse after aor in one place, using my journey as a real life experience.

i am PNP Ontario so other streams might be bit diffeent.

Below is my cronology so far.

• Got Married
  • Raised Webfrom to ask about adding my spouse to my application.
  • Informed Ontario about the change
  • reply from IRCC to fill in few forms

• Reply from ontario to fill in a form

• Notification on my EE profile to do medicals for my spouse

• After 10 days, before medicals were done, another email to provide more information about marriage

that's the process so far.

When i was writting LOE for my ontario pnp, i did mention that i was planning to marry my girlfriend soon. and i was single at the time of ita and when i received aor.

so i am not sure about the process to change spouse non accompanying to accompanying after AOR.

hope this helps someone who are looking to add spouse after AOR.

Reactions: moscatojuices

sanketshahane

May 20, 2022
@gshin89 My request letter is similar to yours but it does not say that I can upload the documents via Webform if IRCC secure account cannot be used. It only says upload documents to your IRCC secure account but the portal does not have any option to upload the documents. Please advise.

priyanka177

Star Member
May 26, 2022
Hello, I added my wife recently and got a request to add her document's, I have a query regarding the IMM5562 form, the request says this form should be completed and signed by my spouse. However on the form itself it is mentioned that the form should be completed by the Principal Applicant (me) and there is a section for “You” and “Your Spouse”.
What do you recommend based on your experience? Should I fill the form with my details in the “You” section or my wife’s?
Also, should my wife just fill the form or should I fill it?