+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

S.Waleed

Nov 25, 2019
Hi everyone. Hope you're doing great. I am in dire need of answers to a few questions that've been tormenting. Here is my situation:

I'd applied for Express Entry in August 2019 while being single. Applied as in submitted my Express Entry file after receiving an ITA. My application was in the process of being reviewed when, in November 2019, I got married. After which, I notified IRCC and was then asked to submit a few papers and forms to include my husband in the application. The forms that confused the hell out of me are:
  1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
  2. Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
  3. A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;
  4. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
My questions are:
1. who's supposed to fill each one of the forms? Me or my husband or both?
2. how am I supposed to sign the forms at the end? Do I have to print them, sign them then scan them to IRCC or what exactly? Please try to be as precise as possible given that each form is different than the other.

Thank you in advance for your valuable help.

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Hi everyone. Hope you're doing great. I am in dire need of answers to a few questions that've been tormenting. Here is my situation:

I'd applied for Express Entry in August 2019 while being single. Applied as in submitted my Express Entry file after receiving an ITA. My application was in the process of being reviewed when, in November 2019, I got married. After which, I notified IRCC and was then asked to submit a few papers and forms to include my husband in the application. The forms that confused the hell out of me are:
  1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
  2. Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
  3. A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;
  4. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
My questions are:
1. who's supposed to fill each one of the forms? Me or my husband or both?
2. how am I supposed to sign the forms at the end? Do I have to print them, sign them then scan them to IRCC or what exactly? Please try to be as precise as possible given that each form is different than the other.

Thank you in advance for your valuable help.
--
Hi,

This is reaaally confusing! It took me a lot of time to figure it out. I printed all of them, signed and scanned. I believe this is the only way, as they are digitally protected.
I did the following in red and everything was accepted (even though my PR was not approved yet - I sent it on Oct 21st):

1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); - just one including both
  2. Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); - one for principal applicant + one for the spouse
  3. A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669; - just one for spouse
  4. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP); - just one including both

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Bless you @macaq you literally saved my life. I cannot thank you enough!
Did you get a reply from IRCC regarding your PR?
I'm glad to help :)
No, still waiting since May 15th, crossed 7 months now. But I'm confident that it'll arrive in a couple months!
Good luck to us!

Reactions: kiros gidey