+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Src

Oct 27, 2016
I did not accept the COPR, rather what I did was write a brief explanation stating about my marriage and I provided the documents way back in march and my spouse is not added to the application. Post that I called 1 (888) 242-2100 and spoke to the agent and he confirmed the discrepancy from there end. And reopened my file.. if you accept COPR there is no turning back (until I know) and you will need to apply for spousal sponsorship.

In my case I was ok to wait for my file to reopen and my spouse to be added to my application and be processed. Since spousal sponsorship paper work is painful (atleast for me)..
Thank you for you reply. I really appreciate it.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I like to understand, if my spouse can go for Upfront Medical without any intimation from IRCC to do so.
What will be the documents required and how will the medical be linked to the account?
@legalfalcon your insight will help.

Src

Oct 27, 2016
Hello all,

I am a cec applicant IRCC asked me to provide proof of settlement funds. What should be the proofs?How can I get from india bank.My spouse is right now in india.
Also, on website they said CEC applicant doesn’t need to provide pof for yourself and your family members. Then why they asked me? @Wolfpmd3 @legalfalcon @LucasV0
please guide me

Last edited:

Src

Oct 27, 2016
Hello all,

I am a cec applicant IRCC asked me to provide proof of settlement funds. What should be the proofs?How can I get from india bank.My spouse is right now in india.
Also, on website they said CEC applicant doesn’t need to provide pof for yourself and your family members. Then why they asked me? @Wolfpmd3 @legalfalcon @LucasV0
please guide me

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all,

please guide me
See https://bit.ly/36LuI8L

ads19

Aug 6, 2020
Not it wasn't, i couldn't find any information on this form on the net. So I suppose it is a newly added one.
The name of the file was Relationship questionnaire-Spouse-Marriage-EN
And the title of the form was inclusion of a spouse on the permanent residence application.
I am also in same boat. Did you get any further update on your application so far?

Src

Oct 27, 2016
Hello all,

I am a CEC applicant IRCC asked me to provide proof of settlement funds. What should be the proofs?How can I get from india bank.My spouse is right now in india.
Also, on website they said CEC applicant doesn’t need to provide POF for yourself and your family members. Then why they asked me? @Wolfpmd3 @LucasV0
YEs, you can.
Thank you

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
I am also in same boat. Did you get any further update on your application so far?
Yeah today I received the biometric collection letter for my soouse, and the latest update of my profile changed to medical passed (which I suppose it refers to my spouse's medical test)

ads19

Aug 6, 2020
Yeah today I received the biometric collection letter for my soouse, and the latest update of my profile changed to medical passed (which I suppose it refers to my spouse's medical test)
Yes me too. But I am unable to get an appointment before the submission deadline date. Any idea what needs to be done in that case?
Are you facing the same issue?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello all,

I am a CEC applicant IRCC asked me to provide proof of settlement funds. What should be the proofs?How can I get from india bank.My spouse is right now in india.
Also, on website they said CEC applicant doesn’t need to provide POF for yourself and your family members. Then why they asked me? @Wolfpmd3 @LucasV0

Thank you
You don't need to provide funds, you can but it's required. You'll be asked if you put a value other than 0 when they asked the amount of $ available for settlement.

Just upload a brief letter indicating that because of being a CEC applicant you do not require this. That's pretty standard, don't worry. This piece has no bearing on your application.

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Yes me too. But I am unable to get an appointment before the submission deadline date. Any idea what needs to be done in that case?
Are you facing the same issue?
There is no VAC in my country either, i am going to travel to neighbouring countries and made an appointment for this purpose.
Why can't you make you an appointment in a 30 day deadline time? Is August time table open yet?

ads19

Aug 6, 2020
Ye
There is no VAC in my country either, i am going to travel to neighbouring countries and made an appointment for this purpose.
Why can't you make you an appointment in a 30 day deadline time? Is August time table open yet?
August is entirely booked in all locations. Earliest appointment available is for September.

Src

Oct 27, 2016
You don't need to provide funds, you can but it's required. You'll be asked if you put a value other than 0 when they asked the amount of $ available for settlement.

Just upload a brief letter indicating that because of being a CEC applicant you do not require this. That's pretty standard, don't worry. This piece has no bearing on your application.
Thank you so much