+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a question related to my previous post about a week ago> >>>>> I added my spouse to my PR Application . IRCC responded to my webform after 5 business days and requested that I fill some forms as well as provide some supporting documents. I have merged the documents and compressed but the 5 forms I am supposed to fill cannot be merged because I noticed that those IMM forms are made in such a way that you cannot merge them. Also I have only 2 boxes to upload what do I do in this case? I uploaded all the merged supporting documents to one and the other is empty for now.

Secondly, I tried to upload the forms on Webform but as a single upload they are too heavy. Limit was 2 mb but each of those filled forms are like 3 mb each. What advice can anyone give on this.

Thanks
Or you can fill, print and then scan the forms

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Juat a piece of information for others in this road, in my case, after informing IRCC of my marriage (02 June 2021) and sending ALL!! the required documents via multiple webforms, my spouse got added to my profile after one month on 2nd July 2021. Interestingly, on the same day, the responsible officer asked me to submit IMM5562 form (travels history), communication proof, and a questionnaire for the spouse on our spousal relationship (asking our relationship history, i.e. first date details, development of our relationship, details on our marriage and engagement ceremony, photos on our marriage and engagement, travels, dates and outgoings). There was only a 7 day deadline for such forms.
I suggest you guys to be prepared for these kind of forms, as it wasn't a piece of cake for me at all, i had several unslept nights, even with having a 6 year old relationship and tons of photos together in several occasions.

Reactions: Toluplum

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Juat a piece of information for others in this road, in my case, after informing IRCC of my marriage (02 June 2021) and sending ALL!! the required documents via multiple webforms, my spouse got added to my profile after one month on 2nd July 2021. Interestingly, on the same day, the responsible officer asked me to submit IMM5562 form (travels history), communication proof, and a questionnaire for the spouse on our spousal relationship (asking our relationship history, i.e. first date details, development of our relationship, details on our marriage and engagement ceremony, photos on our marriage and engagement, travels, dates and outgoings). There was only a 7 day deadline for such forms.
I suggest you guys to be prepared for these kind of forms, as it wasn't a piece of cake for me at all, i had several unslept nights, even with having a 6 year old relationship and tons of photos together in several occasions.
Hi,

Can I ask what is your AOR.
Just trying to gauge which AORs are getting their spouse added and are you Inland or Outland.

Toluplum

Jun 1, 2021
Hi,

Can I ask what is your AOR.
Just trying to gauge which AORs are getting their spouse added and are you Inland or Outland.
Please, did you submit upfront medicals for your spouse with other documents initially. I want to know if it is appropriate to send upfront medicals for spouse even though it has not been requested by IRCC.

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Please, did you submit upfront medicals for your spouse with other documents initially. I want to know if it is appropriate to send upfront medicals for spouse even though it has not been requested by IRCC.
Yes I sent all documents including the upfront medicals initially

Toluplum

Jun 1, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Are you under Federal Skilled worker or CEC? Also, did IRCC request for the medicals by themselves or you just decided to send the medicals by yourself.
Actually, I got married after AOR and we had sent a request for add-on but yet to be added. Been more than two months. I want to know if I can send upfront medicals for my spouse.

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Are you under Federal Skilled worker or CEC? Also, did IRCC request for the medicals by themselves or you just decided to send the medicals by yourself.
Actually, I got married after AOR and we had sent a request for add-on but yet to be added. Been more than two months. I want to know if I can send upfront medicals for my spouse.
I am an Outland FSW applicant, and the IRCC did not request for the medicals, I myself decided to send it initially together with other forms when first informed the IRCC of my marriage. This was suggested by loads of people in this thread to in order to save time

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
I am an Outland FSW applicant, and the IRCC did not request for the medicals, I myself decided to send it initially together with other forms when first informed the IRCC of my marriage. This was suggested by loads of people in this thread to in order to save time
One question, sine you and your spouse were together, what to use for proof of communication? Just a address proof?

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
One question, sine you and your spouse were together, what to use for proof of communication? Just a address proof?
Examples of communication proof written in the original form is phone bills, letters, emails, texts and chat messages, etc.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Examples of communication proof written in the original form is phone bills, letters, emails, texts and chat messages, etc.
Yeah! I understood, but, in case if principal applicant and spouse living together as an outland applicant, do they still expect us to provide the communication proof?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,

How did your spouse provide the UCI number to link to the Upfront Medical?
Was there any document provided either from primary applicant or from IRCC to have an upfront medicals done?

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Yeah! I understood, but, in case if principal applicant and spouse living together as an outland applicant, do they still expect us to provide the communication proof?
Of course, I think this part is about to investigate the longevity of your relationship in order to confirm you had a genuine marriage, this is why they ask to send communication evidence with your partner.
This is my interpretation.

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Hi,

How did your spouse provide the UCI number to link to the Upfront Medical?
Was there any document provided either from primary applicant or from IRCC to have an upfront medicals done?
Just the passport of my spouse was enough to get medicals done
We completed the medical test for work permit as the tests are the same and it was suggested by others in this thread

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, I think this part is about to investigate the longevity of your relationship in order to confirm you had a genuine marriage, this is why they ask to send communication evidence with your partner.
This is my interpretation.
Hmm, interesting!. If they live together, it'd be rare to communicate through WhatsApp/email.