+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Src

Oct 27, 2016
Add
You got married on DD/MM/YYYY.
Your spouse details ( education, employment details)
Proof of funds update if not CEC.
Spouse will accompany with you.

Appendix- list of docs attached
Thank you for your reply

Snehal_659

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
any thoughts how long does it takes to add spouse to the principal applicant account? I provided all the documents in April and still no update..

Reactions: Kejsi

abhgi191

Oct 19, 2020
So I have read posts about people getting married after AOR where usually only one spouse has an AOR and then adds the other one on their application later on.

But in my case, both me and my partner have already got our AOR in March under FSW-O category separately and now we are going to be married soon.

Does anyone has any idea or gone through a similar case so that we know what to do in this case and are prepared before raising any formal request with IRCC?

Or will this case be also similar to one's where usually one person has AOR and adds other person. But then will I have to again pay the fees and arrange for all documents again for the secondary applicant since both of us have done that already separately

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
Hello Guys,
I have a question. I applied for my PR under FSW while in Canada on post graduate work permit in Jan 2021. Based on the profile, I am supposed to get the PR in July. However, I just married so my status has changed from single to married and I also intend to add my wife to my PR application. I have filled the IMM0008enu_2d IMM 0008depenu IMM5669e forms. Can anyone guide on what to do next. How do I upload documents for myself, my wife as it does not show anywhere to update info or add.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
It varies especially post COVID. D

Don't freak out since they do not have and will not necessarily acknowledge having received the documents. If they did for one it is safe to assume they have received the other ones as well especially if they were sent right after the other.

My suggestion is, give it a few weeks and call in. Ask the agent to please verify the status of your application and to check whether the documents were received and added to your application. They can do this and should be willing to.

In my case, PRE COVID, it was about 6 days.
Hello,
I did the same thing of adding dependent while my PR is in progress, and as per CIC requested I have submitted forms, however, I made small mistakes while filling imm0008 like
1st question:
(1) Under which program you are applying -> I have given "Family & spouse" (I thought since adding spouse it would be that) and later realized it's "CEC". So, I used another webform and re-submitted imm0008 and 5669 Forms, with LOE. Is that Fine?
2nd question:
I submitted the birth certificate of my spouse which registered late. Is that okay?

Thanks in advance, Help greatly appreciated.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,
I did the same thing of adding dependent while my PR is in progress, and as per CIC requested I have submitted forms, however, I made small mistakes while filling imm0008 like
1st question:
(1) Under which program you are applying -> I have given "Family & spouse" (I thought since adding spouse it would be that) and later realized it's "CEC". So, I used another webform and re-submitted imm0008 and 5669 Forms, with LOE. Is that Fine?
2nd question:
I submitted the birth certificate of my spouse which registered late. Is that okay?

Thanks in advance, Help greatly appreciated.
1) Yes, no problem. They'd figure that out anyway.
2) I don't really get what you're trying to say.

Reactions: goudam

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I mean, I submitted my spouse birth certificate ( we just registered last month )
What did you registered last month?

If you submitted the birth certificate that is fine. Not that you really need it (you need the marriage certificate for this) and passport.

Birth certificates are not really necessary.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
What did you registered last month?

If you submitted the birth certificate that is fine. Not that you really need it (you need the marriage certificate for this) and passport.

Birth certificates are not really necessary.
I see. Thanks

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
1) Yes, no problem. They'd figure that out anyway.
2) I don't really get what you're trying to say.
Also, imm0008 form under "Consent to release info to intended province/territory of destination", since pdf didn't let me write my name, so I took a printout, handwritten my name, typed my name in "signature" down and scanned and sent through the webform. Is this fine?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Also, imm0008 form under "Consent to release info to intended province/territory of destination", since pdf didn't let me write my name, so I took a printout, handwritten my name, typed my name in "signature" down and scanned and sent through the webform. Is this fine?
Yes, however, not necessary. For online applications you are not really required to sign the forms. When you submit them you are basically signing them electronically and are required to enter your name and check a box, that replaces the signing the forms part. But what you did is okay.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, however, not necessary. For online applications you are not really required to sign the forms. When you submit them you are basically signing them electronically and are required to enter your name and check a box, that replaces the signing the forms part. But what you did is okay.
Ok. Thanks