+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi @Naynah We did US FBI check for my spouse from outside the USA too, we did it in Canada and the process was very easy and quick. Just do the biometrics in an approved center and I think they send them directly to the FBI. Don't worry at all.

It's been a while dear! Have you heard anything from IRCC since Biometrics? What stage are you at now

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hey Baryonix!

When we initially provided them the initial batch of marriage documents, we provided them with the marriage certificate, photos together and from wedding and honeymoon, flight tickets and hotel bookings from honeymoon, guest lists etc.

As per their ADR request they were more interested in proof of marriage and relationship (post-marriage) and they wanted us to additionally provide a Letter of Explanation along with sufficient evidence to explain our current living situation.

We provided evidence with relation to the primary reason of our current situation being due to our current work obligations and commitments in two different countries. With that being said, we provided evidence of our current employment conditions along with additional relationship evidence as listed below:
  1. Employment permits and visa status
  2. Family visa obtained in my home country for my spouse
  3. Whatsapp Chats
  4. Call logs
  5. Any expenses shared or transfers made between accounts
  6. Honeymoon photos and hotel bookings, flight details, passport stamps, bank statements with proof of expenses etc
  7. Photos of any trips made to visit each other post-marriage along with flight information and again any expenses shared and passport stamps
  8. Screenshots of family video calls
  9. Any screenshots of gifts sent to each other with relevant supports like chat logs, pictures, bank statements.
You could provide any additional evidence you see fit, depending on your current situation. Like joint bills, rentals, bank accounts shared if any. etc.

It was a long and detailed explanation and we hope it will be sufficient. :D
Call logsss..? I didn't do that but I did like an album collage of pictures and tagged each collage of when my hubby and I met, times we hung out(one pdf page having about 5-10 pictures) , a 2nd page of civil registry wedding (probably had like 5-8 pictures), then a 3rd page for trad marriage rites performed (maybe about three collages pictures), another page showing pictures of the trad ceremonywith patents guests activities(about y pictures in on that page) , another page for the church wedding (about 10 p ictures on that page), reception pictiores another page, after marriage hangouts and ceremonies another page..... Tied each pictorial evidence in my questionnaire explanation and referenced the picture documents. Each picture was tagged with a little explanation of the activity and they were dated chronologically.

Sent certificate of marriage and all other requested documents.

I feel call logs and chats are a bit intrusive(well I would have done that if requested for though).

Reactions: T0pubo

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Call logsss..? I didn't do that but I did like an album collage of pictures and tagged each collage of when my hubby and I met, times we hung out(one pdf page having about 5-10 pictures) , a 2nd page of civil registry wedding (probably had like 5-8 pictures), then a 3rd page for trad marriage rites performed (maybe about three collages pictures), another page showing pictures of the trad ceremonywith patents guests activities(about y pictures in on that page) , another page for the church wedding (about 10 p ictures on that page), reception pictiores another page, after marriage hangouts and ceremonies another page..... Tied each pictorial evidence in my questionnaire explanation and referenced the picture documents. Each picture was tagged with a little explanation of the activity and they were dated chronologically.

I feel call logs and chats are a bit intrusive(well I would have done that if requested for though).
I will likely have to do spouse sponsorship next year and boy, so many proofs needed.

Reactions: Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I will likely have to do spouse sponsorship next year and boy, so many proofs needed.
That's the only way to beat their limit without them asking again for proof... I told myself how do I only submit 15 pictures or pages of evidence of marriage... This won't satisfy them. So I made 15pages instead and each page with plenty pictures and each picture on each page duely numbered and tag-explained. Then all the documents requested I front loaded too. Hence I needed to submit about 4 webforms and each webform I tagged 1of4, 2of4,... And each webform listed the documents attached cos I didn't want anything lost in translation or transmission

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

Hi, thank you!! Yes, in fact after the biometrics request for my spouse in July, I received remed req for myself (PA) in August which is now passed since 3 weeks ago. I'm waiting for PPR!!!! But my review of additional documents has changed to we are reviewing the additional docs you provided since Aug 10. So not really sure what to expect. I wonder why they haven't asked for French PCCs for us because we've been living in France for a bit over a year now. And I didn't send upfront French PCCS, just waiting for them to request it lol

Reactions: RSub and Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi, thank you!! Yes, in fact after the biometrics request for my spouse in July, I received remed req for myself (PA) in August which is now passed since 3 weeks ago. I'm waiting for PPR!!!! But my review of additional documents has changed to we are reviewing the additional docs you provided since Aug 10. So not really sure what to expect. I wonder why they haven't asked for French PCCs for us because we've been living in France for a bit over a year now. And I didn't send upfront French PCCS, just waiting for them to request it lol
Preferably do the pcc upfront... Tasking the tip from the email I got from Sean Fraser's office to do these things upfront especially Medicals and PCCs. Medical of my spise was also passed the same day I got all these updates... So I thank God we did it cos it did push our application.

Wolfband

Apr 28, 2022
Bahrain
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Passport Req..
25-09-2022
Hey Guys! Finally got the PPR letter for my Spouse and myself :D

ParticularsTimeline
AOR (Primary Applicant)20-Feb-20
PPR (Primary Applicant)18-Mar-22
Notified IRCC about Marriage (Change in circumstance)12-Apr-22
ADR (Spousal Kit)31-May-22
ADR Submitted23-Jun-22
Medical Passed11-Aug-22
ADR 1 (POF and Proof of Relationship - Post Marriage)06-Sep-22
ADR 1 Submitted10-Sep-22
Biometrics Requested12-Sep-22
ADR 2 (PCC for Primary Applicant)13-Sep-22
Biometrics Submitted15-Sep-22
ADR 2 Submitted15-Sep-22
PPR (Primary Applicant and Dependant) 25-Sep-22

A long wait of 949 days finally comes to an end since AOR o_O

Hang on tight everyone, those in the backlog are going to get cleared very soon. Remember IRCC's target is to have 80% cleared and finalized by Dec-22. Praying for the best for all of you!

Visa Office - Edmonton

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hey Guys! Finally got the PPR letter for my Spouse and myself :D

ParticularsTimeline
AOR (Primary Applicant)20-Feb-20
PPR (Primary Applicant)18-Mar-22
Notified IRCC about Marriage (Change in circumstance)12-Apr-22
ADR (Spousal Kit)31-May-22
ADR Submitted23-Jun-22
Medical Passed11-Aug-22
ADR 1 (POF and Proof of Relationship - Post Marriage)06-Sep-22
ADR 1 Submitted10-Sep-22
Biometrics Requested12-Sep-22
ADR 2 (PCC for Primary Applicant)13-Sep-22
Biometrics Submitted15-Sep-22
ADR 2 Submitted15-Sep-22
PPR (Primary Applicant and Dependant)25-Sep-22

A long wait of 949 days finally comes to an end since AOR o_O

Hang on tight everyone, those in the backlog are going to get cleared very soon. Remember IRCC's target is to have 80% cleared and finalized by Dec-22. Praying for the best for all of you!

Visa Office - Edmonton
We are about the same timeline...

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Finally got a tanker load of request letters from IRCC.

Spousal BIL
My (PA) Remedicals
Proof of funds
PCC - Now here is what I want to know. Since I've also lived in the US and would need a US PCC from India ( Relocated to India since March 2021). How to go on about this ? Does anyone know how to get a PCC from US whilst being in India ?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
how to know from gc key if spouse has passed the medical? I can only see the I have passed the medical but not sure where to look for to check spouse medical passed date. can anyone guide please?
thanks in advance

Wolfband

Apr 28, 2022
Bahrain
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Passport Req..
25-09-2022
how to know from gc key if spouse has passed the medical? I can only see the I have passed the medical but not sure where to look for to check spouse medical passed date. can anyone guide please?
thanks in advance
They would usually update the portal with your spouse's date of passing once passed. What does it currently show?

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
They would usually update the portal with your spouse's date of passing once passed. What does it currently show?
Currently, It is showing the medical passed date(feb-2022) of my(PA) medical. I had submitted spouse medical in april-2022 but I did not see any update in the medical passed date.

Wolfband

Apr 28, 2022
Bahrain
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Passport Req..
25-09-2022
Currently, It is showing the medical passed date(feb-2022) of my(PA) medical. I had submitted spouse medical in april-2022 but I did not see any update in the medical passed date.
This will be replaced and updated to to reflect your spouse's medical pass date. Has your spouse been added to your profile?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
This will be replaced and updated to to reflect your spouse's medical pass date. Has your spouse been added to your profile?
Yes, She was added in my profile in april-2022 after 3-4 days of submitting ADR. I have also completed the biometric for her which is being shown in gckey under dependent, not sure what's the issue with medical.

Thank you.

Reactions: Wolfband

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Finally got a tanker load of request letters from IRCC.

Spousal BIL
My (PA) Remedicals
Proof of funds
PCC - Now here is what I want to know. Since I've also lived in the US and would need a US PCC from India ( Relocated to India since March 2021). How to go on about this ? Does anyone know how to get a PCC from US whilst being in India ?
Did you live in US even for a minute after your first PCC? Then, you need to provide a PCC for US.