+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hello guys,

I added my spouse post Aor

just want to know how long does it take to get PPR after submitting spouse biometrics.

All stages for spouse completed except Security as per the IRCC agents over the phone

My timeline is as follows

STREAM - CEC - OUTLAND , VO - KITCHENER , SVO - VANCOUVER

MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS , EMAILS , WEBFORMS , GCMS NOTES.

ITA - 09 NOV 22
AOR - 10 NOV 22
GU1 - 25 NOV 22
GU2 - 27 JAN 23
REMED REQUEST - 28 MAR 23
REMED PASSED - 5 APR 23
PORTAL EMAIL FOR PA - 14 APR 23
WEBFORM TO ADD SPOUSE - 25 MAY 23
ADR FOR SPOUSE - 28 JULY 23
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED - 1 AUG 23
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY IRCC- 10 AUG 23
BIL FOR SPOUSE - 12 SEP 23
BIOMETRICS SUBMITTED - 18 SEP 23

Additionally,

My spouse's

Medicals. - passed
Criminality -complete
Info sharing - completed
Security - in progress
You should hear about it in next two weeks. At least that was my timeline after everything was cleared.

Tamseel

Dec 3, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

This is my timeline below. I have not seen any moment in my file since the past 3 months.
What should I do in this case please suggest.

ITA - 09 NOV 22
AOR - 10 NOV 22
GU1 - 25 NOV 22
GU2 - 27 JAN 23
REMED PASSED - 5 APR 23
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY IRCC - 10 AUG 23
BIOMETRICS FOR SPOUSE - 12 SEP 23

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Hello all,
I am in a pickle with spouse PCC situation.

I currently live and work in the US. My AOR date is 27th October and I got married in late November.
Informed IRCC through webform about marriage on December 11th and waiting for a reply from them.

In the meantime I have also initiated my Wife's PCC from India since she is still there.

My spouse will be getting a H4 Visa for USA in January.

Now my questions is when can she travel to the USA so that her Indian PCC still remains valid even if she leaves India after the PCC issuance date to live with me in the US?

Last edited:

Bill07007

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

This is my timeline below. I have not seen any moment in my file since the past 3 months.
What should I do in this case please suggest.

ITA - 09 NOV 22
AOR - 10 NOV 22
GU1 - 25 NOV 22
GU2 - 27 JAN 23
REMED PASSED - 5 APR 23
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY IRCC - 10 AUG 23
BIOMETRICS FOR SPOUSE - 12 SEP 23

Ajata beta

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Hello,
I have a situation where I applied for my PR myself, then I received my AOR and PR invitation much before we had a child, so right after the child was born, as per my understanding the marital status changed, so I informed IRCC that we were now in common law because of our child (not married) and after 3 months, they were asking me to provide the Kit Application form for our child (canadian) and my common law partner, but the funny thing is that a week ago I received my PR Credentials and I uploaded my photo for the PR Card, just waiting for my eCOPR.

Having that said,
When I let IRCC knows about the born of our child, I sent a web form application and I put the birth certificate, but now they are asking me to include my child and partner to my application, why is that?

• Is this something I should be worried about?
  • Is the PR Portal and the EE – IRCC (cic.gc.ca) site connected somehow?
  • Could I get my eCOPR without providing such Kit Application Forms (child, partner)?
  • Should I submit the Kit Application Form and what I should expect?
  • Is this putting at Risk my application even I am just waiting for my eCOPR?

deepPro

Nov 18, 2021
Hello,
I have a situation where I applied for my PR myself, then I received my AOR and PR invitation much before we had a child, so right after the child was born, as per my understanding the marital status changed, so I informed IRCC that we were now in common law because of our child (not married) and after 3 months, they were asking me to provide the Kit Application form for our child (canadian) and my common law partner, but the funny thing is that a week ago I received my PR Credentials and I uploaded my photo for the PR Card, just waiting for my eCOPR.

Having that said,
When I let IRCC knows about the born of our child, I sent a web form application and I put the birth certificate, but now they are asking me to include my child and partner to my application, why is that?

• Could I get my eCOPR without providing such Kit Application Forms (child, partner)?
Hello,

Having that said,

Hi,
I would suggest you to reply to PR portal email where you replied to them about the confirmation. Tell them that you had a baby with common law and request to add them on file to get PR. Send that email everyday to Pr portal email where you replied and confirmed to get the portal credentials. Also call ircc customer service and inform the same and they will stop the eCOPr process. However, if you get the ecopr on portal and ecopr email. Just reply to that email and say that you want to add your common law and baby and would like to continue the fill and retract eCOPR. This will add almost 5/6 month in your Pr processor but everyone will get the Pr.
Don't explain everything to them in detail. Just that you had a baby and wants to add common law and baby on pr file.

1) send email to pr portal explaining the situation (1 email everyday until you get a reply)
2) inform the same that your common law and baby needs to be added to customer service
3) raise webform- inform them the same about status change.

deepPro

Nov 18, 2021
Hi,
I would suggest you to reply to PR portal email where you replied to them about the confirmation. Tell them that you had a baby with common law and request to add them on file to get PR. Send that email everyday to Pr portal email where you replied and confirmed to get the portal credentials. Also call ircc customer service and inform the same and they will stop the eCOPr process. However, if you get the ecopr on portal and ecopr email. Just reply to that email and say that you want to add your common law and baby and would like to continue the fill and retract eCOPR. This will add almost 5/6 month in your Pr processor but everyone will get the Pr.
Don't explain everything to them in detail. Just that you had a baby and wants to add common law and baby on pr file.

1) send email to pr portal explaining the situation (1 email everyday until you get a reply)
2) inform the same that your common law and baby needs to be added to customer service
Hi,

Hi,

You will hacw to submit kit for both partner and child. They will give you options for accompanying or not. If you want them, just add them. It is easier to get PR through this process. Definitely it will delay 4-5 months but worth it. Even if you don't want them to get PR, you still have to provide all the documents and fill in kit application for child and partner

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

Having that said,

Very confused with your status.
How long have you lived with your partner? Having a child DO NOT make you common law. Living together 12 month continously does. So I am confused how did you martial status changed after your child is born (except that it just a coincidence that you moved in 12 month before your child was born)

You cannot land without your common law partner added and received the portal/eCOPR with you.

If you read carefully, there are instruction to notify IRCC and DO NOT continue the virtual landing process until you are sure that your common law partner is added to your application.
otherwise, your partner will be forever excluded from being included/sponsored by you.

- answer, you could get eCOPR (by mistake) without providing the information of your partner and child. And you are risking to never be able to include/sponsor your partner if you proceed to "virtually land"

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Very confused with your status.
How long have you lived with your partner? Having a child DO NOT make you common law. Living together 12 month continously does. So I am confused how did you martial status changed after your child is born (except that it just a coincidence that you moved in 12 month before your child was born)

You cannot land without your common law partner added and received the portal/eCOPR with you.

If you read carefully, there are instruction to notify IRCC and DO NOT continue the virtual landing process until you are sure that your common law partner is added to your application.
otherwise, your partner will be forever excluded from being included/sponsored by you.

- answer, you could get eCOPR (by mistake) without providing the information of your partner and child. And you are risking to never be able to include/sponsor your partner if you proceed to "virtually land"

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Yes, it is very confusing and it is a long story.
I have been living with my partner more than 1 year.

when we have our baby, (April 30, 2023) we had 6 months living together.

In regards the marital status, I was told by CRA that after the born of my child, I was in common law, probably this is different from IRCC, but because of that I changed my status in IRCC while I was waiting for my final decision, also, at that moment (October 12, 2023) I sent a letter explaining them that I applied much before I had a family and I was not intended to get PR for my partner since she was applying on her own for Refugee, and our child is Canadian (certificate provided as well).

As I mentioned, the email from IRCC I just got it a few hours ago and they are asking me for the Kit Application Forms, but last week I got the access to the PR Portal. So I believe probably IRCC just attended and responded me in regards the letter I had sent in October, 2023, but I am not sure how I should proceed because my intention now is to sponsor my partner since her refugee case was denied.

:(

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, it is very confusing and it is a long story.
I have been living with my partner more than 1 year.

when we have our baby, (April 30, 2023) we had 6 months living together.

In regards the marital status, I was told by CRA that after the born of my child, I was in common law, probably this is different from IRCC, but because of that I changed my status in IRCC while I was waiting for my final decision, also, at that moment (October 12, 2023) I sent a letter explaining them that I applied much before I had a family and I was not intended to get PR for my partner since she was applying on her own for Refugee, and our child is Canadian (certificate provided as well).

As I mentioned, the email from IRCC I just got it a few hours ago and they are asking me for the Kit Application Forms, but last week I got the access to the PR Portal. So I believe probably IRCC just attended and responded me in regards the letter I had sent in October, 2023, but I am not sure how I should proceed because my intention now is to sponsor my partner since her refugee case was denied.

:(
Still very confusing. Your "letter" won't add your partner to your application (accompanying or not).
You need to fill in updated forms and your partner needs to go through medical exam, police check and background check.
That's why most will need to add more time to process their PR before both can land at the same time. (even for virtual landing)
IRCC is usually behind on adding information. DO NOT just follow landing procedure. They likely are not aware that you need to update and add your common law partner.

You cannot "SPONSOR" your partner unless
she is added to your application, gone thru all checks (medical, police, background) and then the application is completed but she is NON-accompanying. Then you landed alone. Then you can sponsor her. BUT that's very inefficient since she will likely have to do (and pay for) all the exams and doucments again.

The better way is to add her to your application before you virtually landed.

hiback

Dec 23, 2020
Hello all,

My AOR date is 27th October and I received PPR sometime in mid December. I got married in late November and because of that i didn't send my passport for stamping. I requested ircc to add my spouse to my application.

Now my spouse has been added to my application as a dependent and i am seeing her under my profile.

We have submitted all the documents for her and received the AOR for document submission.

But my question is since i live in US and her still in India, can she exit India now? Will the Indian pcc that we submitted be invalid if she leaves India? Can someone please confirm. Thanks in advance.

P.S. We have also not received BIL request for h