+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Not a consequential update.

So, yesterday October, 11th 2022, there was an application/update status in my cicaccount but when I openedit nothing was there. So I guess that's what's called a ghost update.

I can see evidence that they are probably working on my application.. I just hope they positively conclude things quickly with our pr application cos this wait is just too much

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Not a consequential update.

So, yesterday October, 11th 2022, there was an application/update status in my cicaccount but when I openedit nothing was there. So I guess that's what's called a ghost update.

I can see evidence that they are probably working on my application.. I just hope they positively conclude things quickly with our pr application cos this wait is just too much
Oh great!
For me, nothing after medicals passed at the end of August. I probably made a really really terrible mistake, I sent an updated unsolicited POF in early August, and after a few days, the review of additional documents changed to we are reviewing the additional docs you provided, and they also asked for my medical. So I think it did push them in a way, but it still says we are reviewing after two months... And I don't know why it took them so long because my bank was Canadian for God's sake. I feel like I shouldn't have sent the updated POF when they hadn't asked for it.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Oh great!
For me, nothing after medicals passed at the end of August. I probably made a really really terrible mistake, I sent an updated unsolicited POF in early August, and after a few days, the review of additional documents changed to we are reviewing the additional docs you provided, and they also asked for my medical. So I think it did push them in a way, but it still says we are reviewing after two months... And I don't know why it took them so long because my bank was Canadian for God's sake. I feel like I shouldn't have sent the updated POF when they hadn't asked for it.
Well they may have still asked for it... And now it is out of the way....

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
So another update...

Yesterday October 13, 2022 I got an Information Letter in my cic portal account. It is the same as RFV email.

Problem (not really a problem I guess) is that they have given me 30days to confirm the details of name and address and to submit passport which Ive since complied with vide the other RFV email of February 2022.

Sent them a Web form though stating that I've complied.
But from this new info letter I see my new office is no longer Ottawa but now Edmonton. So I will send an email to Edmonton office and accra office(sent a webform at midnight though)

Reactions: maghool71

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
So another update...

Yesterday October 13, 2022 I got an Information Letter in my cic portal account. It is the same as RFV email.

Problem (not really a problem I guess) is that they have given me 30days to confirm the details of name and address and to submit passport which Ive since complied with vide the other RFV email of February 2022.

But from this new info letter I see my new office is no longer Ottawa but now Edmonton. So I will send an email to Edmonton office and accra office(sent a webform at midnight though)
Well, Congrats Naynah !!

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
So another update...

Oh, congrats!!! Can you post your complete timeline when you have the time? And honestly, I have no idea about your question. I don't understand why you cant just send your passports.

Reactions: Naynah

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
So another update...

This gives me so much hope, my visa office is in Edmonton too, it seems they are working on our files at least in some capacity.

Reactions: Naynah

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hey guys, it’s been a while that I haven’t posted here but these past 2 weeks we have received lots of requests from IRCC so would like to share some infos too.

Addition of spouse/ change in personal infos through webform: Feb 2022
Acknowledgement email: Apr 2022
—— NOTHING ——
A full load of requests: Sep/Oct 2022
- Medical check, PCC, Schedule A, additional forms… for both
- Biometric, photo ID for spouse
- Couple questionnaires, evidences (photos, outings, timeline, chatlogs..)
- POF (the initial one had more than enough for 2 but they wanted a new one to see if it’s still valid)

Everything is submitted shorty after their requests so we will see :)

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Oh, congrats!!! Can you post your complete timeline when you have the time? And honestly, I have no idea about your question. I don't understand why you cant just send your passports.
Remember I sent passports since March, 2022 when I first got the RFV email (but at the time my spouse had not been formally added to my application)

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Remember I sent passports since March, 2022 when I first got the RFV email (but at the time my spouse had not been formally added to my application)
The thing now is when my spouse wanted to do Biometrics he did it without producing passports cos it was with Accra visa office and they gave us the go ahead

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hey guys, it’s been a while that I haven’t posted here but these past 2 weeks we have received lots of requests from IRCC so would like to share some infos too.

Addition of spouse/ change in personal infos through webform: Feb 2022
Acknowledgement email: Apr 2022
—— NOTHING ——
A full load of requests: Sep/Oct 2022
- Medical check, PCC, Schedule A, additional forms… for both
- Biometric, photo ID for spouse
- Couple questionnaires, evidences (photos, outings, timeline, chatlogs..)
- POF (the initial one had more than enough for 2 but they wanted a new one to see if it’s still valid)

Everything is submitted shorty after their requests so we will see :)
Best results for you

• Love
Reactions: amyung

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
With God's grace, finally long wait has ended.
AOR-Dec-2019
COPR- June 2020
COPR Extended - Jan-2021
Extended COPR expired - Sept-2021
File reopened -15-Feb-2022
IMM5669 requested - 16-Feb-22
PCC requested - 22-Feb-22
Spouse addition document submitted-11-APR-2022
BIL Completed - 09-AUG-2022
Requested BIL and updated passport(to upload) for PA - 20-SEPT-22
BIL completed for PA - 26-SEPT-2022
PPR-05-OCT-2022