+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR PLZZ HELLPP!!!

PksLebaron

Nov 18, 2020
Hello everyone
i need your help

I have applied for my permanent residency under CEC (may 2020 single applicant) and my application is still under process (eligibility has been passed already but no progress after that)
I am going to get married this March coming month

Shes in India (outland)

so If My application still shows under process
Can i add my spouse in my application too after marriage

and we are in relationship for about 8 years now and we decided to do court marriage instead.

what could the scenario and how does it may have impact on my application?
its just too much delayed and I cant delay my marriage either so will it help my spouse too

how long the process will get delayed after and what kind of docs the ircc will ask for?
@leganfalcon and other masters please help!

Reactions: Jack D

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello everyone
i need your help

I have applied for my permanent residency under CEC (may 2020 single applicant) and my application is still under process (eligibility has been passed already but no progress after that)

Shes in India (outland)

and we are in relationship for about 8 years now and we decided to do court marriage instead.

its just too much delayed and I cant delay my marriage either so will it help my spouse too

how long the process will get delayed after and what kind of docs the ircc will ask for?
You can get married and include your spouse at any point before becoming a PR and after AOR.

Documents will be the same (police certificates ,medicals, passport, IRCC forms, etc.) but NO proof of Language test, education or employment for your spouse will be required. This is because your score will not be changed and hence these are not needed.

As long as you are legally married (though court marriage is the only type of relevant marriage), that is all you need. This will not be a sponsorship application so you will not need to provide evidence of your relationship.

Delays, hard to tell but there certainly will be, though it could only be a couple week to several months, it is impossible to anticipate.

Reactions: Jack D and canrazep

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
You can get married and include your spouse at any point before becoming a PR and after AOR.

Documents will be the same (police certificates ,medicals, passport, IRCC forms, etc.) but NO proof of Language test, education or employment for your spouse will be required. This is because your score will not be changed and hence these are not needed.

As long as you are legally married (though court marriage is the only type of relevant marriage), that is all you need. This will not be a sponsorship application so you will not need to provide evidence of your relationship.

Delays, hard to tell but there certainly will be, though it could only be a couple week to several months, it is impossible to anticipate.
I have read in one of the threads that some applicants did an upfront medical before even raising the webform, do you have any idea how it works? How can one submit medical reports without having UCI number?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I have read in one of the threads that some applicants did an upfront medical before even raising the webform, do you have any idea how it works? How can one submit medical reports without having UCI number?
You don't need it.

That's what the Webform is a about. When you do the up-front medical it'll be linked to your name and passport. I strongly recommend submitting the up-front medical. You should really do it.

Reactions: canrazep

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
You don't need it.

That's what the Webform is a about. When you do the up-front medical it'll be linked to your name and passport. I strongly recommend submitting the up-front medical. You should really do it.
thanks a lot. will do the same. :)

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Hello everyone
i need your help

Shes in India (outland)

Hello @Wolfpmd3- Hope you are doing well!

I am also in the similar situation and need guidance. I am CEC Outland with AOR June 2020 and planning to get married in couple of months from now. My question is after marriage, do I need to get my spouse' name changed on the passport with the new name as per marriage certificate or I can submit LOE why names are different on passport and marriage certificate. from other posts, I got to know on the marriage certificate, her name will have my last name and it will not match with her name on the passport until we change.

Thanks,
Jack

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello @Wolfpmd3- Hope you are doing well!

I am also in the similar situation and need guidance. I am CEC Outland with AOR June 2020 and planning to get married in couple of months from now. My question is after marriage, do I need to get my spouse' name changed on the passport with the new name as per marriage certificate or I can submit LOE why names are different on passport and marriage certificate. from other posts, I got to know on the marriage certificate, her name will have my last name and it will not match with her name on the passport until we change.

Thanks,
Jack
I wouldn't know about that. However, it may not be necessary. Canada will always ask you if you have held other names to include them, so they would know that way.

I am actually surprised that the marriage certificate would necessarily include your last name... That sounds like last century stuff

CatB

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021

Can we add a spouse after getting the PR or that will have to be sponsorship? I got mine one year ago and my partner and father of my kid is now in Canada with us (he is a US citizen). I've been trying to see what's the best option for him... Would you mind giving me your opinion?

(we are not married, at least yet..but we've been together since 2018)