+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR, also got PPR email

prasan89

May 22, 2019
Hi All,

I live in US, my spouse currently lives in India and moving to US in a week.

I got my AOR on Feb 14, 2019. On April 28 2019 I got married and same was officially registered on May 15 2019. I got my PPR email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on May 13 2019.

In that mail they asked me to inform them at IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in case of marital status update. I emailed them on 15th May and again on 17th May as soon as I got my marriage certificate regarding the same attaching the certificate to it. On 17th May I also used the IRCC webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) stating them that I got married and asking them what documents should I be providing them.

Today its 22nd May and I am yet to get any response from them. Me and my wife are starting to get married regarding what to do since we already got a PPR email. The only IRCC phone number we know (888 242 2100) can only be called from Canada.

This forum has helped me immensely so apply for my Canada PR without taking help of any consultant, I am requesting experienced members to help us in understanding why aren't we getting any response from IRCC, and should I just go ahead and send my passport to them without waiting for their reply and how do we navigate this uncertain situation.

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Prasan

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi All,

I live in US, my spouse currently lives in India and moving to US in a week.

I got my AOR on Feb 14, 2019. On April 28 2019 I got married and same was officially registered on May 15 2019. I got my PPR email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on May 13 2019.

In that mail they asked me to inform them at IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca in case of marital status update. I emailed them on 15th May and again on 17th May as soon as I got my marriage certificate regarding the same attaching the certificate to it. On 17th May I also used the IRCC webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) stating them that I got married and asking them what documents should I be providing them.

Today its 22nd May and I am yet to get any response from them. Me and my wife are starting to get married regarding what to do since we already got a PPR email. The only IRCC phone number we know (888 242 2100) can only be called from Canada.

This forum has helped me immensely so apply for my Canada PR without taking help of any consultant, I am requesting experienced members to help us in understanding why aren't we getting any response from IRCC, and should I just go ahead and send my passport to them without waiting for their reply and how do we navigate this uncertain situation.

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Prasan
Hello, have you had any update this far? If so, I'm no expert but if I were you, I'll order GCMS notes.