+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding out of status partner to ongoing application

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to add my partner to my PR application once we become common law

She's currently out of status and I submitted my application very recently, would it be possible to add her to my application as a common law even tho she's out of status? Or do I have to wait and get my pr first?

I'm afraid I won't be able to sponsor her if we become common law before I get my PR

I appreciate any insight and please don't judge thanks

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to add my partner to my PR application once we become common law

She's currently out of status and I submitted my application very recently, would it be possible to add her to my application as a common law even tho she's out of status? Or do I have to wait and get my pr first?

I'm afraid I won't be able to sponsor her if we become common law before I get my PR

I appreciate any insight and please don't judge thanks
Adding her with first reinstating her status will affect your application. She has to see a lawyer first who need to help her get reinstated before she can be added. If you add her without any status it would affect your application and you might even get denied even though you are qualified. Fix her status first even if it is visit visa or study or work any one until then don't do it.