+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding out of status common law partner to my application

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to add my partner to my PR application once we become common law

She's currently out of status and I submitted my application very recently, would it be possible to add her to my application as a common law even tho she's out of status? Or do I have to wait and get my pr first?

I'm afraid I won't be able to sponsor her if we become common law before I get my PR

I appreciate any insight and please don't judge thanks

bian07

May 19, 2017
You have to declare her as your common law partner if she is that before you get your pr, otherwise you will never be able to sponsor her after.

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
You have to declare her as your common law partner if she is that before you get your pr, otherwise you will never be able to sponsor her after.
Thanks for the reply
But won't they come after her if I declare her as common law before I get my PR? Or will they process her as an applicant too if I add her?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible to add my partner to my PR application once we become common law

She's currently out of status and I submitted my application very recently, would it be possible to add her to my application as a common law even tho she's out of status? Or do I have to wait and get my pr first?

I'm afraid I won't be able to sponsor her if we become common law before I get my PR

I appreciate any insight and please don't judge thanks
You need to ask this question in the Express Entry section of the forum.

I agree that you need to add a common law spouse.

However there may be consequences to adding an out of status partner to an ongoing application.

Again, post to the EE section of the forum vs. here.

Reactions: Tombell1997

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
You need to ask this question in the Express Entry section of the forum.

I agree that you need to add a common law spouse.

However there may be consequences to adding an out of status partner to an ongoing application.

Again, post to the EE section of the forum vs. here.
Thank you