+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after CoPR

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
Dear all,

I applied through EE in January 2020 with my wife as a dependent. We received our CoPRs with the expiry in the last week of January 2022. I raised a CSE requesting the information to add my newborn (US Citizen) to the application as many people said that it may not be possible to add the baby after we move to Canada. I received a generic response. I have the following question:

1. Do I need to fill IMM008 and IMM008DEP both or just DEP is fine? I read in a couple of threads that IMM0008DEP did the job.
2. Will our CoPR expiry date get extended after adding our newborn to the application?

3. If we don't hear anything from IRCC close to the current CoPR expiry, should we drive down to Canada to complete the soft landing?

query88

Sep 21, 2019
Hi just wondering what you did ? Did you received a reply from IRCC after submitted the newborn documents ! How much time did it take !

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Dear all,

I applied through EE in January 2020 with my wife as a dependent. We received our CoPRs with the expiry in the last week of January 2022. I raised a CSE requesting the information to add my newborn (US Citizen) to the application as many people said that it may not be possible to add the baby after we move to Canada. I received a generic response. I have the following question:

1. Do I need to fill IMM008 and IMM008DEP both or just DEP is fine? I read in a couple of threads that IMM0008DEP did the job.
2. Will our CoPR expiry date get extended after adding our newborn to the application?

3. If we don't hear anything from IRCC close to the current CoPR expiry, should we drive down to Canada to complete the soft landing?
@VictoriousNik Please check my responses.

2. Will our CoPR expiry date get extended after adding our newborn to the application? - the current COPR gets cancelled and new ones are issued. IRCC may ask you to do your medical exam along with your child's and accordingly extend the date in the new COPR.

3. If we don't hear anything from IRCC close to the current CoPR expiry, should we drive down to Canada to complete the soft landing? - you should not do this as your family composition has changed. Keep following-up with IRCC at regular intervals.

Reactions: VictoriousNik

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
@VictoriousNik Please check my responses.

2. Will our CoPR expiry date get extended after adding our newborn to the application? - the current COPR gets cancelled and new ones are issued. IRCC may ask you to do your medical exam along with your child's and accordingly extend the date in the new COPR.

3. If we don't hear anything from IRCC close to the current CoPR expiry, should we drive down to Canada to complete the soft landing? - you should not do this as your family composition has changed. Keep following-up with IRCC at regular intervals.
Thank you so much! :)

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
Everything went smoothly. IRCC replied after 4 months and requested us to upload documents. After uploading them, they requested remedicals in July 2022. We received PPR in October 2022. The status changed to "Approved" within two weeks of mailing the passports. Waiting for the CoPR documents now.