+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after COPR

goddyim

Aug 27, 2022
T
Hello Everyone!
For everyone asking if they can land after COPR and then sponsor newborn baby. DO NOT EVER EVER DO THIS MISTAKE! WE DID THIS AND REGRET IT!
So let me explain our situation. We received our 5 COPRs on June 29 2022. my newborn baby was born on 17 April 2022 and we already notified IRCC, submitted her passport, birth certificate and payed the fees. However, we did not hear from IRCC despite so many follow ups, our status on the website showed approved so we booked our tickets for 24th August and landed at Vancouver airport. The moment they asked us if we had any dependent and we told them yes but IRCC never issued her visa. They seized our COPR and passports and allowed us to stay in Canada without any legal papers. It has now been more than a month, we do not have any PR, SIN, my husband is not allowed to work, my kids aren't allowed to go to school UNTIL OUR NEWBORN BABY's application is processed. We received request from IRCC on 13th Sept to submit all her documents including the medical, my family back home got it done and I submitted to them on 22nd Sept. We are still waiting to hear from IRCC until then we are stuck with no legal document what so ever. What's worse? If I travel to bring my baby, my visa will be cancelled and IRCC will have to issue new visa. Our current COPR's are cancelled and once my baby is added to our application they will issue new COPRs for all of us. Now, for me this was suppose to be a soft landing, I still have my job back home and I am stuck here because of this situation. Thankfully I do have my sister who holds a valid visit visa to Canada so she can bring my newborn baby to Canada with our notarized consent. But, we are stuck and we have no clue at all how much time will IRCC need to process her visa. So please, stay wherever you are and wait for the baby to be added to your current COPR. If you read this, thank you for your time and I hope your application will be processed soon.

Thanks for sharing. I want to ask if your profile has been opened now since IRCC has requested for her medical? Wishing you speedy process

Vibicesss87

May 25, 2022
We are in the same situation right as you. Adoption process completed after CoPR is issued. Since July 2022, IRCC has not responded, all documents sent to them. A kind of confused on what to do, also concerned if the Copr expires and IRCC refuses to reopened our file. Pls let us keep up the communication and explore options.
As long as the adoption process was finished before CoPR expired, IRCC will answer and reopen your case and make a final decision.

Do absolutly not worry about this.

We sent a plenty of cse web forms from april 26th to june 04th. We got answer back on july 13th.

But we submitted most documents before they request them and we payed fees upfront.
We got a ADR on july 13h with period of 30 days. Then everything was sent on August 11th.
Final decision made on september 6th

goddyim

Aug 27, 2022
As long as the adoption process was finished before CoPR expired, IRCC will answer and reopen your case and make a final decision.

Do absolutly not worry about this.

We sent a plenty of cse web forms from april 26th to june 04th. We got answer back on july 13th.

But we submitted most documents before they request them and we payed fees upfront.
We got a ADR on july 13h with period of 30 days. Then everything was sent on August 11th.
Final decision made on september 6th

Wow.... congratulations. This has given me some hope. Pls what additional documents did they request for, want to know that so we can be getting ready.

Vibicesss87

May 25, 2022
Wow.... congratulations. This has given me some hope. Pls what additional documents did they request for, want to know that so we can be getting ready.
First documents package sent on may 23rd :

- picture of baby
- imm008
- imm5406
- fees payement receipt
- certificat of birth
- proof of founds updated
- translations
- LOE

ADR received on july 13th :

- baby passeport
- PCCs update (parents)
- Re MED parents
- baby MED

The very first cse web form was sent on aprile 26th. Last one was on May 9th. We started writting e-mails to CPC OTTAWA when we saw on forums people waiting AOR After more than 45 days...
We received aor of the very first cse web form on june 4th... Took them 40 days to acknowledge r.

What did you send ?

goddyim

Aug 27, 2022
Thanks again. We actually sent all these also.
In June after the completion of adoption, we sent
picture of baby
-Adoption papers
- imm008
- imm5406
- fees payement receipt
- certificat of birth
- LOE
-Medical.

We got acknowledgement around July..

In August, we sent another, but this time Included
-Post adoption reports
-More family pictures taken together
-LOE.

We called IRCC several times, just the usual comments of , they have received the documents but have not started processing. We don't know whether the CoPR will expire before they commence they re open for processing.
Our CoPR will expire 10th Nov, 2022

Vibicesss87

May 25, 2022
Thanks again. We actually sent all these also.
In June after the completion of adoption, we sent
picture of baby
-Adoption papers
- imm008
- imm5406
- fees payement receipt
- certificat of birth
- LOE
-Medical.

We got acknowledgement around July..

In August, we sent another, but this time Included
-Post adoption reports
-More family pictures taken together
-LOE.

We called IRCC several times, just the usual comments of , they have received the documents but have not started processing. We don't know whether the CoPR will expire before they commence they re open for processing.
Our CoPR will expire 10th Nov, 2022
It looks good.
Since you submitted everything before CoPR expiry date.
Which country ? Which visa office ?