+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn after COPR

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi all,

We received our COPR and stamped passport with attached visas my partner & myself last year October. We have waited as our baby boy was born in December & as a result we have to return COPR & passports because of our new family member that must be added. I submitted new baby's documents along with passport, but Visa office is still closed. We havent has yet recieved acknowledgement thereof from the office & we still have to do his medicals. My question is anyone know how long it takes to add a new born after COPR has been received & also how long it takes to receive new COPR with new visas. Our end date on the existing COPR is 31July 2020. Will this perhaps be extended
Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

We received our COPR and stamped passport with attached visas my partner & myself last year October. We have waited as our baby boy was born in December & as a result we have to return COPR & passports because of our new family member that must be added. I submitted new baby's documents along with passport, but Visa office is still closed. We havent has yet recieved acknowledgement thereof from the office & we still have to do his medicals. My question is anyone know how long it takes to add a new born after COPR has been received & also how long it takes to receive new COPR with new visas. Our end date on the existing COPR is 31July 2020. Will this perhaps be extended
Thanks in advance
It generally takes a least several months. Given the pandemic, expect a further delay. If it gets close to medical expiry, your medicals will either be extended and have to be redone.

Reactions: Linobmw2000

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for the reply, we have re done medicals once already as application was taking time, so this will be the 3rd time doing medicals.

SonikaAnand

Aug 31, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Hi! We are in similar situation as yours. Did you receive your Newborn’s COPR yet?

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hi there,

So our local visa office only partially opened in August, so we couriered our copr and passports, the understanding is that they have to reopen the application, add the baby,then request his passport and reissue new COPR's for the whole family including the baby. I will keep you posted on any developments

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Ircc came back to us advising us to redo medicals. This will now be there 3rd time we will be doing it. At least they now added the baby to the application

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi There

Can you share with us your timeline please ? We are in similar situation and IRCC didn't come back to us for 2 months now :(