+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Newborn after applying federal ( QSW)

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
Hello everybody,
Can anyone help me with this issue,
I'm the Principal Applicant and my spouse we both got the CSQ, applied an Application to the Federal Government, got a file number and UCI and waiting for the Medical.
Now we have a newborn.
What steps and documents do we need to add her.
Thank You

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you for answering me, actually I did search and found some answers but the sum is confusing, the quebec part is clear but the Federal part is not, for example..do they ask for the CSQ? If yes Shall I wait till I obtain it then send them everything they have asked for? Or shall I contact them now but what I read is they only give a week to submit their requirements!! The CSQ would take up to three months as I read, and what if I waited for the CSQ, would they blame me for not reporting the newborn sooner?
Thank you

limi

Apr 19, 2016
Thank you for answering me, actually I did search and found some answers but the sum is confusing, the quebec part is clear but the Federal part is not, for example..do they ask for the CSQ? If yes Shall I wait till I obtain it then send them everything they have asked for? Or shall I contact them now but what I read is they only give a week to submit their requirements!! The CSQ would take up to three months as I read, and what if I waited for the CSQ, would they blame me for not reporting the newborn sooner?
Thank you
did you apply csq for your baby...or direct federal part...can you explain in detail wht you did...me too in same condition
.we r expecting our nrwborn next month..and still our medicals not yet come

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
did you apply csq for your baby...or direct federal part...can you explain in detail wht you did...me too in same condition
.we r expecting our nrwborn next month..and still our medicals not yet come
It seems that you have my exact same condition, I did not yet do anything but for the quebec part it's obvious what is needed but for the Federal part it's a bit vague

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Thank you
Hi
You need to send signed cover letter with following information

full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- fax number, including area code, and
- mailing address

You will be required to submit the following documents in order to add your child to your application:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your child be added to your application
- processing fee for the child (if accompanying you to Canada)
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse to include added child

- If the child is 18 years or older, an IMM0008, Schedule A and IMM5406 Additional Family Information Form
- notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
- copy of your child’s valid passport(s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your child according to the specifications

- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you are immigrating to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are require

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you Raman for such detailed answer,
But does that mean I'll have to wait till I obtain the CSQ first, then send all the documents at once? Or shall I send what's available in order not to be late informing them, as CSQ will take about three months to get if I'm right.
Thank you

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Thank you Raman for such detailed answer,
But does that mean I'll have to wait till I obtain the CSQ first, then send all the documents at once? Or shall I send what's available in order not to be late informing them, as CSQ will take about three months to get if I'm right.
Thank you
You can send cover letter or email to CIC informing about your new born but its always good to apply with csq as CIC will not process your file without csq if your your child is dependent and accompanying member of your family and I am not sure that you need to inform CIC about your new born in 7 days ..Please reverify this rule once again as u
I sent email to CIC regarding my new born on 5th day and it took me another 15 to 20 days to arrange birth certificate n passport ..
CIC knews that it takes time for new csq..So I think you must not worry very much about time lines

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Amir Rizk

Jul 22, 2017
ThAts
You can send cover letter or email to CIC informing about your new born but its always good to apply with csq as CIC will not process your file without csq if your your child is dependent and accompanying member of your family and I am not sure that you need to inform CIC about your new born in 7 days ..Please reverify this rule once again as u
I sent email to CIC regarding my new born on 5th day and it took me another 15 to 20 days to arrange birth certificate n passport ..
CIC knews that it takes time for new csq..So I think you must not worry very much about time lines
That sounds convenient, thanks a million Raman

Reactions: raman8310