+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDING NEW BORN TO AN APPLICATION THATS ALREADY IN PROCESS

vijayc

Apr 13, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have sponsored my wife in the Family sponsorship class and she was pregnant when we sent her application we received Medical request within 4 weeks after we applied, we did the medicals but kept the Chest X-ray on hold till the baby was born we did the Chest X-ray after our daughter was born but we received a request to do the medicals again as it has been more than 6 months since the last one which is understandable, we are doing the medical again ASAP and we sent our daughter's Birth certificate to CIC on the Case Specific Enquiry. We received a letter from CIC asking to to do the below-

 Please ask your sponsor to submit sponsorship for your daughter, on this application.

 Please ask your sponsor to submit new IMM0008 showing daughter, as an accompanying dependent with PA,

Should I make a new Generic application IMM0008 for my daughter when I send the sponsorship application or send them the same one I send for my spouse and add our daughter as a dependent on it.

Last edited:

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Yes fill in all the details again on 0008 and include you baby. They change the form dates periodically so download a new copy to fill in. Congratulations

Reactions: vijayc

vijayc

Apr 13, 2012
Yes fill in all the details again on 0008 and include you baby. They change the form dates periodically so download a new copy to fill in. Congratulations
Thanks Amy, I have downloaded the new application it is slightly changed compared to the previous one I did for my wife. I have to fill in the same details as previously, which is My wife as the Principle applicant and add our daughter as a dependent right

PS Where is Australia are you from I am Canadian and have spent good 4 years in Perth

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
congrats on your newborn......if your wife spousal sponsorship application is in-process, you don't have to submit a separate new sponsorship application for the newborn Dependent.....you need to include the newborn to the in-process spousal sponsorship application, how depends on if you are a PR in Canada or a Canadian citizen.......so when your spouse PR visa is approved, both spouse and newborn will be issued PR visa.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-add-a-new-born-to-spousal-sponsorship-application-for-permanent-residency.534211/#post-7348521

Last edited:

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Thanks Amy, I have downloaded the new application it is slightly changed compared to the previous one I did for my wife. I have to fill in the same details as previously, which is My wife as the Principle applicant and add our daughter as a dependent right

PS Where is Australia are you from I am Canadian and have spent good 4 years in Perth
I'm in adelaide hills south Australia. It's a beautiful part of the world that I will miss dearly but I miss my husband more

Reactions: vijayc