+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Middle Name for the First Time (After receiving ITA) + Changing Employer Name and Job Title (Parent Vs. Subsidiary Company)

JimboFox

Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone :)

There are two issues I would like your feedback and opinions on:

First
I received an ITA, but then I realized that I did not add my middle name anywhere before (not in IRCC account, or EE application)
Now, I added my middle name to my first name (via "Modify Family Information). I did the same for other family members (who are non-applicants btw). I will write all this in LoE
However, name on IRCC account cannot be changed (it does not have my middle name). Is this a problem?

p.s. my passport displays my full name as such: (First Middle Last), with no identifiers or fields.

Second
My reference letter came from the subsidiary I work with (and draw my salary from), not from the parent company (which is what I originally listed in EE). I changed the employer name after receiving ITA (I also changed my job title). How should I explain this in LoE? Are any supporting documents (other than reference letter) needed?

p.s. my residency visa of the country I am in is issued by the parent company and they listed (Assistant Accountant as an occupation). However, as per the reference letter (from subsidiary), my job title is just "Accountant"). Hence, I changed my employer name and job title to reflect my reference letter. Is this Okay?

Thank you very much.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone :)

There are two issues I would like your feedback and opinions on:

First
I received an ITA, but then I realized that I did not add my middle name anywhere before (not in IRCC account, or EE application)
Now, I added my middle name to my first name (via "Modify Family Information). I did the same for other family members (who are non-applicants btw). I will write all this in LoE
However, name on IRCC account cannot be changed (it does not have my middle name). Is this a problem?

p.s. my passport displays my full name as such: (First Middle Last), with no identifiers or fields.

Second
My reference letter came from the subsidiary I work with (and draw my salary from), not from the parent company (which is what I originally listed in EE). I changed the employer name after receiving ITA (I also changed my job title). How should I explain this in LoE? Are any supporting documents (other than reference letter) needed?

p.s. my residency visa of the country I am in is issued by the parent company and they listed (Assistant Accountant as an occupation). However, as per the reference letter (from subsidiary), my job title is just "Accountant"). Hence, I changed my employer name and job title to reflect my reference letter. Is this Okay?

Thank you very much.
Should be fine. Explain both these issues in LOE.

DaporDapor

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I have the same issue. I realised my middle name is missing after submitting my application, and I can't change it now. I have sent a webform last week but didn't get any response. In my biometric letter my name is only first and last, but my passport includes my middle name. Will I have any issues attending my appointment?

Jun 10, 2021
I made a same mistake. I forgot to add middle name at time of profile creation. Now, i got ITA and I realized that I forgot to add middle name. So, i used modify tool and updated it. But, it ssaw first+ last name not middle names on ITA letter. Is it fine? Or should i have to declined invitation?

JimboFox

Dec 11, 2020
Hi :)

I did the modification after receiving the ITA. My correct name showed up in the website afterwards and also in my application, and in the biometric instruction letter.

I am not an expert on these things but my best guess is that once your name is amended on the website, all coming documents should have your amended/correct name on it.

I would love for an experienced forum member to weigh in on this.

p.s. you should include your name amendment in the LOE.

User0101

Jul 13, 2021
I have same issue. I forgot to add my middle name. Now I am collecting documents which contains middle name. I received my ITA. Is there a chance that I can add my middle name and make change to the application. Thank you!

JamTur

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
I have same issue. I forgot to add my middle name. Now I am collecting documents which contains middle name. I received my ITA. Is there a chance that I can add my middle name and make change to the application. Thank you!
Just write a letter of explanation and attach a copy of your passport bio page and you should be good.

Ali Ishag

Dec 1, 2017
I have the same issue. I realised my middle name is missing after submitting my application, and I can't change it now. I have sent a webform last week but didn't get any response. In my biometric letter my name is only first and last, but my passport includes my middle name. Will I have any issues attending my appointment?
How did you resolve this issue?
I have the same issue here on my passport the my name is mentioned as full name W X Y Z we don't have firts middle and last names
Now on my IELTS ,WES ,EE profile and some other documents either the name is fully mentioned as W X Y Z or FIRST NAME :W X ,, LAST NAME :Y Z Iam I okay or need to do something, please advise?

DaporDapor

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think your case is different than mine. I didn't include my middle name in the application, however, I sent a webform after submitting the application and the issue was resolved.

yna001300

Nov 24, 2022
Hi just want to ask i just submitted my online application but i forgot to include my middle name on the application however i did not get my AOR yet my question is should i write a explanation on the webform without getting view my application yet? please reply