+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding experience after getting work permit

delhi_itguy

Star Member
Feb 19, 2022
Hi,

I am in Canada on a LMIA exempt closed work permit; my wife is on spousal open work permit.

My wife worked in India as a teacher for young kids and received salary in cash. While applying for work permit, my organization's immigration department suggested to not add wife's experience because it wouldn't have helped in any way and delayed the processing. I agreed with that - which I now realize was a mistake.

Now she is trying to get BC PNP in ECE steam - she is an ECE Assistant and included in BC ECE registry. For BC PNP, she must show 2 years' experience - she has the experience letter from the school. Will adding this experience now be alright? Salary was paid in cash and she was below taxable income threshold so didn't file income tax returns - what evidence we can show to counter that?

Please help with this.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am in Canada on a LMIA exempt closed work permit; my wife is on spousal open work permit.

My wife worked in India as a teacher for young kids and received salary in cash. While applying for work permit, my organization's immigration department suggested to not add wife's experience because it wouldn't have helped in any way and delayed the processing. I agreed with that - which I now realize was a mistake.

Now she is trying to get BC PNP in ECE steam - she is an ECE Assistant and included in BC ECE registry. For BC PNP, she must show 2 years' experience - she has the experience letter from the school. Will adding this experience now be alright? Salary was paid in cash and she was below taxable income threshold so didn't file income tax returns - what evidence we can show to counter that?

Please help with this.

Thanks
Has she declared the experience on other applications?